Part 15

-Timeskip your pov-

Your scroll rings in the night, and you roll over to look at it. Rolling, your eyes you grab it and pick it up.

You: What is it Summer?

Summer: There's no easy way to tell you this. But, Raven has gone missing.

This makes your eyes widen, and then you sit up, worried. You know she's a talented huntsman, but the thought of Raven being hurt, or Oum forbid dying always worries you beyond believe. The idea of a world without her freaks you out, and has been the reason you wake up in a cold sweat many times. The idea that the woman you love is gone from the world is something that always worries you beyond believe.

You: Are you serious?

Summer: I would never joke about this (y/n).

You: Do we have any idea where we could have gone?!

Summer: Qrow says the bandit tribe asked for one of them to come back as leader, and this time she didn't decline them. But, we don't want to assume that just yet.

You: I'm going to be on the next boat back to Vale, then talk with all of you guys. And then immediately after that, I'm going to go look for her. Wherever she is, I'm going to make her come home.

With that, you get up, and turn to the sleeping Kali next to you. Taking out a pad and paper, you write a quick note for her, so she doesn't think you're the type of jerk who just leaves after one night stands. When you think you're finished, you smile, and then set it down. Then, you pull up your pants and shirt and then leave.

A few moments later, you find yourself on the boat to Vale. Your breathing grows faster and faster, and you think of the idea that Raven went back to the bandit tribe back. The idea that she turned her back on everything, her friends, her team, her daughter, and her...husband. You have no idea where you fit into that equation. The one thought that makes you happy is that maybe she left to come to you. But, the more realistic part of you knows that it isn't the case. She couldn't have left for you, since she would have teleported to you if she did. Although, it would break your heart if she severed her bond with you, and that's why she didn't come to you. Just thinking about it makes your eyes fill with tears, and you take the time to wipe them away. You pray to Oum that isn't the case. If she severed her bond with you, then you would just be lost. The idea that she could close her heart to you, all her memories with you. By this point, tears are flowing freely from your eyes, and other people on the boat take the time to stare.

Doing your best to wipe your tears, you try to think of a happy memory. And yet you realize, the happiest moments of your life had all been with Raven. The one who made you the happiest was the one who hurt you the most. How paradoxical. The one who could get you to stop crying like this is the one who made you cry like this. The thought is enough to make you give a dry chuckle, and then you almost stop crying. A feather drops down in front of you, and your eyes widen, and then return to normal when you see it was just from a seagull. You give a sad smirk at this. For years, every time you see a bird feather, your mind and heart instantly goes into thinking that it was Raven coming to see you, or just looking out for you. But, all of them are just feathers.

-Summer Pov-

" Damn it Raven," I mutter to myself as I go and put Yang back in her crib. She stands up the best she can, and reaches out to touch my hair. I smile at this, and then kiss her on the forehead. She sits back down, and then I reach up to spin the solar system model she has on the roof. Yang looks at it for a few minutes, before quickly growing drowsy. She's so beautiful, and I've come to view her as my own child.

I see my scroll ring, and then see that (y/n) has made it back to Vale, and needs someone to pick him up. Sending him a quick confirmation text, I find the sobbing Tai and tell him I need to go and pick up my brother. He doesn't even answer, and so I pull him into a hug. I pull away after a long moment to head down and pick up (y/n). Idly, I wonder what this means for him.

For Qrow, this means his sister has gone back to their old ways. For Tai, his husband has left him, no matter what the context is. And for Yang, this means her mother is gone. For me, my best friend other than my brother is gone. But for my brother? This has to be one of the most baffling things for him. I know his feelings for Raven never went away, and no matter what he said, deep down he held onto a part of himself that loved her against all odds. Oh, I had heard about his reputation with women, but I knew it was him trying to fix some hole in his chest. So, how is going to react knowing the woman he loves is missing?

-Kali Pov-

I wake up, and then look over to see the note (y/n) left for me.

(y/n): Hey. Thank you so much for taking me in, and then letting me stay with you until I took care of the bandit tribe, and then for showing me around Menagerie. I'm sorry I took off without talking to you. But someone I love is probably in trouble. Do you remember the girl from the picture with black hair and red eyes? Her name's Raven, and I need to go make sure she's okay. And, also...if I could give you a piece of advice, it'd be this. You and Ghira have something, I can tell that much. So, don't let that get away with one-night stands like this.

I smile when I see the note. Unlike everyone else, (y/n) took the time to do this. And I knew from his lingering glance at Raven in the photo that he still had some baggage from that, and I'm glad to know he's dependable and looking out for the ones he loves. I also smile when I see the encouragement for me to do the same with Ghira.

However, a frown forms on me when I find the positive pregnancy test, and I know beyond any doubt that this is (y/n)'s baby.

( let me know what you thought. Not gonna lie, I got teary eyed writing this. Also, huge shout-out to @rwbyfan722, it was their idea to make the reader Blake's father, which is something I never could have come up. Let me know what you thought of this chapter)