Part 10

-Raven Pov-

I sit, and go through a scrap book of my time at Beacon. Qrow had teased me for being sentimental, but I had insisted. Tai was out with some old friends from Beacon for drinks, leaving me home alone, which is fine. I'm used to being alone, and to the quiet. And there are some pictures in the book that I don't think Tai would react well to seeing, namely any from when (y/n) and I were a couple. He and Qrow had both been shocked to find I still held them, having expected me to have burned them or something. But, he and I had been dating for three and a half years, and we were in love. There was no way I was going to destroy proof of that. Even if he and I didn't end on the best terms, of course I was going to cherish the best memories of my time with him.

Turning the pages, I see pictures that make me smile, and take me back. Me with Team STRQ. Qrow and I trying to out-do each other. Summer pulling us all into a group hug. Me with Summer. Smiling, I flip through and then start seeing pictures of my time with (y/n). His head in my lap as I stroke his hair. His head resting on my shoulder. Him nervously reaching for my hand, and his smile when I let him take it. I stop when I see the picture of us at the dance, with me pulling him in for what I didn't know had been his first kiss.

-Flashback her pov-

I stand in the mirror, and smile. Summer was right, that the black dress brought out my eyes, and looked beautiful on me. I see her give me a thumbs-up in the mirror, and I turn around and thank her. She says that picking out the dress for me had been fun, and she does a twirl in her red dress, almost falls, and says something about how stupid high heels are. I smile at this, and at everything she's done for me. Not just helping me pick out the dress, but for setting me up with (y/n).

At first, I had resisted her attempts to set me up with (y/n). He and I had been friends, but I didn't have any interest in dating at the time. I had also thought she only wanted me to get with (y/n) because she was his older sister. But, in time I realized she was right. He was amazing, funny, smart, strong, reliable and caring. He made me happier than I had ever been, and turning to see my team leader struggle to walk out of the door, I realize that it's all because she had insisted I let her brother take me out for dinner. And bless her heart, Summer never asked for a thing in return. Because Oum knows I never could even begin to pay her back for that.

I made my way over to Summer, walking more easily in heels than her. I placed a hand on her shoulder, and she turned to me smiling. " Here," I said, offering her my hand. " Let me help you. We can split up when we get to your brother's dorm, and that way you can take a few pictures."

She smiles at this, and we make our way to her brother's dorm. Knocking, he opens the door and steps out, and my breath gets caught in my throat. He smiles, the light in his silver-eyes sparkling. His suit fits perfectly on him, and his ( hair color) hair is combed perfectly. Smiling, he beams at me. " Hey. You look amazing Raven," he says, and I feel myself blushing. Summer smiles, and then rushes to take pictures of us. When she finally feels like she has enough, the three of us head down to the dance floor.

He and I have an amazing time, talking and laughing the entire night. Only he has this effect on me, getting me to drop my guard and just be myself. When a slow dance song starts, his smile breaks out, always seeming too big for his face, and yet perfect nonetheless. He turns to me, and manages to smile even bigger. " I love this song," he says, and then he holds out his hand. " May I have this dance?"

" You may," I tell him, and then the two of us start to sway. For the most part, he guides me through the motions, them being foreign to me. I manage not to step on his feet, and on an impulse, I rest my head on his chest, and listen to the beating of his heart skyrocket. I smile at this, and I feel his chin resting on my head. It presses in, but in a strangely satisfying way.

When the dance ends, we walk back to our dorms. We go to the Team STRQ dorm first, and (y/n) stands in the doorway, and starts poking his fingers together, and stuttering over his words. I roll my eyes at this, and also smile seeing how cute he looks as he stumbles over his words. I grab his collar, and and then drag him into a deep kiss. His eyes widen, but I feel his hand on the back of my head, deepening the kiss. For a few minutes, it's just us in the entire world, until we hear a camera go off, and the giggling of Summer, holding her scroll to take pictures. We laugh at this, and then reluctantly break away. He touches his forehead to mine, and looks into my eyes lovingly. This moment could last forever, and it seems like it does. Eventually, he pulls away. " See you tomorrow," he says, and then he hesitates for a minute, and I see him gulp. " I love you Raven."

" I love you too (y/n)," I tell him, not even having to think about it for a minute. And then I realize, this is the first time I've said this to anyone other than my brother.

-Present Day-

I sigh, and then put the scrapbook away. (y/n) and I took a chance, and we didn't work out. There was no chance for us again. Was there?