Part 5

-Your Pov-

Sighing, you sat down next to Raven, and ran your hands through your hair. She smiles at you, and then you feel your nerves at once being calmed, and yet you also find yourself more nervous. After years of knowing her, the butterflies in your stomach never did fade. You just learned how to work with them, how to talk to her without becoming a stuttering idiot. " Why did you want to talk about," you ask, and then she gives a shrug.

" Just anything. Like I said, we didn't get much of a chance to talk," she says, which is true. " And, I missed you." You feel yourself blush a little bit when she says this, and then rub the back of your head. She looks like she's going to say something, but ends up thinking about it for a long time, before she sighs. " What's the real reason you left," she asks, and you sigh.

You think about repeating the reason for leaving that Summer gave, but you feel Raven looking at you. For some reason, you know that she'll be able to see right through it. The two of you spent almost everyday with each other in Beacon, and the two of you had never been able to lie to each other before. She watches as you let out another sigh, and then she lets out one herself. Knowing that you can't lie to her, you decide to be honest with her, and yourself.

" The truth is Raven, I had fallen in love with you back when we were at Beacon. And when you got with Tai, I just couldn't stay. The truth was, I was originally going to be gone for a few days, just enough time to clear my thoughts. But, I kept thinking of you with him, and I kept pushing back the timeline for me returning. And then, when I missed graduation, I figured I would just keep doing what I had been doing."

She glares at you when you say this, a mix of concern and anger. " That's the only reason you left," she asks in a tone that makes you wonder if she herself knows to be angry or concerned at and for you. " We were all so worried about you. (y/n), we all thought you were dead, or something had happened to you." You look down, and start rubbing the nape of your neck, knowing full well that she's right.

" Look, I'm sorry okay," you say. " I just wanted a few days to clear my head. And, I know it ended up being a lot more than that. But, I never wanted to make any of you worry. I didn't plan it well Raven, I know. But, I'm going to get this lecture from my sister, your brother, and everyone else on the team. Can you and I at least skip this and get caught up?"

" No," she says, and you sigh, bracing yourself for one of the few guilt-trips that will actually make you feel like shit. " I was worried out of mind for you. And, I thought ' Oh Oum. If he turns up dead, is this my fault?' Because there was always that voice in the back of my mind that knew you left because I got with Tai. I worried every day, and always blamed myself for it. How the hell was I supposed to enjoy being with him, or even the rest of my time at Beacon?! How were any of us supposed to enjoy our time worrying about you?"

You sigh. Yeah, you definitely feel like shit now. You had never even stopped to thought about how everyone else was feeling about your disappearance. You had known some people would be worried and saddened, but you never thought about the guilt people like Raven would feel. It seemed so obvious now that she would feel guilty, but then you take a moment to bury your face in your hands, and then you look back up after a few moments.

" I'm sorry Raven," you say after a few minutes. Her gaze softens, but some of the anger is still there. " But, please understand that I did need space. And, maybe I didn't handle it that well. And, I apologize for that. But, I promise you it was better this way. I needed space, and if you had seen me the first few days when you got with Tai, you probably would have hit me with how pathetic I looked."

She opens her arms for a hug, and then you dive in. The two of you hold for a few minutes, and then let go. " Well, I'm glad you took the time to clear your thoughts," she says after a little bit. She then takes another moment, and then starts fiddling with her engagement ring. " Where are you now," she asks.

" I dunno," you admit. " I know I'm not over you. And, I dunno when I will manage to be. But, right now I'm at a place where I'm happy for you and Tai, enough so I'm not going to leave without letting you know. And, I promise this time I'll be better at staying in touch." She smiles at this, and then she stands up.

" That's good," she says after a minute. " I need to get home. Ever since I got pregnant, Tai has been super careful." She gives a laugh. " I'll see you tomorrow." You nod, and then she turns to go. " And when you do get everything sorted out, please let me know. That way we can go back to be best friends again." With this, she walks off and you sigh. Resting your head on the bench, you pull out your flask, and drain whatever is left. Them, you toss it aside and sit in the night, letting the cool air go over you.

Sitting there a few minutes, you then get up and debate where you should go. However, you decide to go back to Summer. No matter what you do tonight, you're going to feel like shit for the rest of it, and so you might as well be able to wake up and feel a little better. You won't act like seeing Raven again wasn't amazing, and didn't make you feel like a 15 year old school boy instead of a man in his late twenties. But, any progress you had made moving on from her was gone. That part of you that loved her grew stronger from just that one meeting. When you get home, Summer sees you, and gives a sad smile. Going upstairs, you flop onto the bed, and just pass out quickly. At least when you wake up in the morning, your head won't hurt like a bitch.