George/To Late

It's was nearly the time for the Yule Ball, still a week away but it's all anyone talked about

It's was nearly the time for the Yule Ball, still a week away but it's all anyone talked about. Everyone was all caught up in who they were taking to the ball.

I had a date, but I wanted someone else to ask me.

Despite me being a Ravenclaw I was close to the Weasley Twins. Fred always said because of our impressive skill and good looks kept us close. George always said it was because it was destiny.

George was who I wanted as my date, wow I'm such a cliche. Falling for my best friend, wow. But Cedric Diggory has asked me, me saying yes as time was running out.

George didn't like me, like that I mean. Best friends is all we're ever gonna be. That was our destiny.

I walked in between the twins as we made our way to the Great Hall. "Who are you gonna ask to the ball boys, it's only four days away?"

Fred scoffed, "I already asked Angelina." I nodded before turning to George. "And you?"

"I don't know, maybe that Hufflepuff who keeps staring at me." George shrugged. I was only glad he wasn't going with someone he liked.

At least they didn't ask me.

Later that Day
"Y/N, can I ask you something?" I nodded for George to continue as we climbed up to the owlery.

George grabbed my arm making my heart flutter, he stopped us at the top of the staircase. "Do you um maybe want to I don't know, go with me to the Yule Ball?"

My smile faded instantly, "George- um someone already asked me, and well I said I'd go with them. I'm sorry."

George nodded, trying to stay cool, my heart broke. "Who are you going with?"

My eyes widened slightly as I looked down, "Cedric-."

"Diggory, your going with that git. We told you we didn't like him." George yelled at me.

"Well maybe you should have asked me instead of your last resort!" George's eyes softened, "If you would have asked me sooner, I wouldn't be going with him."

George looked at me in slight disbelief, "I waited a long time for someone, you to ask me. There was a week left and Cedric asked me. I bloody hell wasn't gonna say 'no I'm waitingfor George to pluck up the courage and ask me.' No, and you ask me almost 4 days later, I'm sorry George but your a lot to late."

I huffed as George walked away from me, back down the stairs and out of sight. Tears began to fall and I sat down on the stairs of the owlery, snow continued to fall. Suddenly someone wrapped their arms around me.