IX. History Repeating

COLD LITTLE HEART
history repeating

AFTER EVERYTHING THAT HAS HAPPENED THIS PAST WEEK, the one thing Tamara wishes she didn't have to do was go to school

AFTER EVERYTHING THAT HAS HAPPENED THIS PAST WEEK, the one thing Tamara wishes she didn't have to do was go to school. Lexi's death still wasn't out of her mind, and she was still having trouble sleeping. Lexi was kind from her perspective, and she just doesn't understand how Damon could kill her and in the process, completely destroy his brother.

She was currently standing outside of Mystic Falls High with Elena and Caroline, with Caroline complaining about Bonnie and some necklace.

"Have you even talked to Bonnie," Elena ask her.

Caroline shakes her head as she answers, "No, I'm mad at her, she has to make the first move."

"Or you could, you know, be the bigger person," Tamara added.

"Impossible in her presence." Caroline sarcastically said.

Looking at her with raised eyebrows Elena asks, "Why are you so pissed at her anyway?"

Their friend replies, "She's a thief, that's why. I gave her my necklace, and she refuses to give it back. It's a matter of principle."

"Caroline, it's just a necklace," Tamara said rolling her eyes, and their stupid argument.

"But it's mine!" Caroline exclaims defensively at her.

"You sound like a two-year-old." Tamara calmly tells her.

Caroline huffs before changing the subject, "Well it's your turn now, where is Stefan? Have you two talked?"

"He's avoiding me," Elena informs her.

"Why?" Caroline asks.

Elena hesitates before she just comes up with, "It's complicated." And before she can elaborate, the bell goes.

"I'll see you later." Caroline continues.

Elena and Tamara both have history first period. Caroline waves them goodbye and as they walk to the classroom.

As she pulls out her notebook and pen, she notices an unfamiliar voice greeting the classroom.

"Good morning everyone." Tamara looks up and notices a man in his early thirties. Tamara totally forgot that her new would come today.

"Alright," he mumbles as he turns around to write his name on the chalkboard ALARIC SALTZMAN.

As he writes, Bonnie walks into the class late, looking disheveled. Elena and Tamara share a look before they make eye contact with their friend as she sits in her seat.

Elena mouths, "Are you okay?" to which Bonnie just shrugs.

Before she can question anymore, the new teacher begins to introduce himself.