XVIII. Under Control

COLD LITTLE HEART
under control

"YOUR UNCEL BACK IN TOWN?" Tamara ask in shock as she closes her locker

"YOUR UNCEL BACK IN TOWN?" Tamara ask in shock as she closes her locker. Elena inform her this morning that her uncle was back to wherever he was. Tamara always suspected something was up with him, but she never really question it.

"Yeah, he was just standing in the kitchen. Jenna was really not happy to see him," Jenna has never like John for many reasons that she didn't know, she probably never know why too.

"Uncle John, I never really liked that guy," Matt replies with an amused smile.

"Does anyone," Elena said and the two of them laugh at her comment.

"Well, I'm here for moral support if you need me," Matt tells her sweetly.

"Thanks you by the way, but I think I'll suffer this one alone. Besides, you've been through enough," Elena reply softly, and Tamara agrees.

Matt smiles at the two of them, "Thank you by the way, for everything you two did at Vicki's funeral and the memorial. I wouldn't have been able to do it without you guys,"

"Of course Matt," Elena replies.

"So, is Caroline still baking for you guys around the clock?" Tamara Matt who chuckles at her question.

Nodding his head he answers, "Well she finally went to her Dad's which is a good thing. My mum was going to strangle her if she dropped off one more lasagna," The three of them laugh before leaving for class.
•••
Alaric had kept Elena, Tamara behind after class to inform them about Jeremy's extra credit paper.

" I made a copy of the paper Jeremy wrote. I think you two need to take a look at it," Alaric says as he hands over the piece of work. Taking it from his grasp, Elena read the title out.

"Fact or Fiction: The Truth About Vampires in Mystic Falls."

"Jeremy wrote this?" Tamara asks.

"He's very clear that he didn't think it was real," He commented.

"I really hope you're right because I've done so much to protect him from all of this," Elena replies.

"How do you two deal with it?" Alaric asks them.

"What do you mean?" Tamara ask confusingly.

"With all the lies and secrets. You have to lie to everyone who's important to you,"

"It's not safe for them to know the truth. So, yes, we keep it from them but it's only because we love them," Elena explains.
It's silent for a moment before Alaric replies.

"I think Stefan is a good guy. But, at the end of the day, he's still a vampire."

"I know it's hard to understand but Stefan is different. He would never do anything to hurt me," Elena says with conviction and Alaric nods before his gaze falls on Tamara.