VII. Masquerade

COLD LITTLE HEART
masquerade

IT HAS BEEN A FEW DAYS SINCE TAMARA LAST SAW DAMON

IT HAS BEEN A FEW DAYS SINCE TAMARA LAST SAW DAMON. She couldn't face him, at least not yet. It was still hard for her to comprehend that her uncel was killed by Damon. It was even more harder for her to pretend that everything is fine in front of her mom and brother, but in reality it's not. Everything is not okay and things are just going to even worse and Tamara doesn't think that she can handle all of this anymore.

She has been spending majority of her time cooped up in her room for three days, but today Jenna was going to be release from the hospital today and she wanted to go visit her.

Tamara let out a reluctant sigh as she got ready for today. She didn't put too much effort into today's clothing than she usual does. She put her hair up into a pony tail and put on the first outfit that she saw in her closet, grab her bag and headed downstairs.

"Tamara? Is that you?" She heard her mom from the kitchen. Tamara walk back towards the kitchen and saw her mom with her reading glasses as she was work it look like doing paper work. Ever since her dad died, her mom has taken more responsibility as the major of the town.

Tamara was both surprise and in awe when she heard that she was going to fulfill the role of the town major. It's a lot of work and responsibility, but she made the right choice.

"Hey mom," Tamara greeted her.

"Are you headed out?" Her mom ask as she look at her outfit.

"Yes. Jenna was release from the hospital today and I wanted to pay a visit," Tamara truthfully says.

"Oh that's nice of you, send Jenna my best regards," Tamara nodded and turn around to leave.

"Wait! What time are you coming home?" Her mom calls back.

"I'm not sure, why?" Tamara questions.

"Tamara have you forgotten? Tonight's the masquerade," Tamara mentally planted her hand on her forehead. Of course tonight was the masquerade party. She was certainly in no mood to attend, but there was no point of arguing with her knowing that her mom is very strict about her kids attending all of the town events.

"Um no of course not, I didn't forget. I'll be home just in time to fully get ready," Tamara reassure her.

"Okay, I'll have your dress on your bed by the time you get home," Tamara nodded as she gave her mom her final goodbye before heading out the door.

As she got inside her car, she felt her phone vibrate as she let out an annoyed sigh. She already has a feeling who it was. She look down at her phone and as predicted, it was Damon. He has been calling her ever since that night, and she's been trying to avoid him but he's making matters harder for her part. She press the ignore button on her phone before driving off from the driveway.