XVI. There Goes the Neighborhood

COLD LITTLE HEART
there goes the neighborhood

TAMARA WAS WALKING TO HER LOCKER THIS MORNING, and she noticed a familiar blonde waiting by her locker

TAMARA WAS WALKING TO HER LOCKER THIS MORNING, and she noticed a familiar blonde waiting by her locker. Caroline immediately perk up once she saw Tamara once she got to her locker.

"Hey Tamara!" Caroline greets her.

"Hey, Caroline," Tamara said slowly as she was confuse by her extra chipperness.

"So, I was wondering if you wanted to come to the Grill tonight, and hang out with Matt, Elena, Stefan, and I?" She ask in a hopeful tone. Tamara furrow her eyebrows still confuse.

"That sounds like a double date to me, and that means I will be the fifth wheel," Tamara stated as she open her locker to get her books out.

"It's just going to be friends hanging out mostly, nothing too major," Caroline reassures her.

"I don't know," Tamara continues.

"Oh come on! You have to come, I feel like we haven't hang out in awhile, and I miss you," Caroline pouted trying to persuade Tamara.

"That's sweet, but what's the real reason?" Tamara ask as she closes her locker, not fully believing her.

"Okay fine, I need you to diffuse any awkward tension that there will most definitely be," Caroline admitted, and Tamara nodded as they began to walk towards class.

"Fine, I'll come, but if I feel like I'm being the fifth wheel, then I'm going to leave," Tamara warns her. Caroline immediately nodded happy that she was coming.

"Thank you so much! Don't worry, I assure you that you will not feel like the fifth wheel," Caroline said excitedly. They said their goodbyes before the both separated to go to class.
•••
Tamara headed home to get ready for tonight once school ended. She was met by Tyler who was getting ready for a run as he was wearing a tank top, and gym shorts as he had earbuds in his ears.

"Hey," Tamara greeted her brother.

"Hey," He shortly said as he was stretching. With everything happening, she hasn't really seen or spoken to her brother or parents, expect for in the mornings. But, it didn't really make no difference since her parents are always busy, and her brother doing God's know what.

"You going for a run?" She rhetorically ask.

"Yep, wanna join me?" He ask.

"Can't, I'm meeting my friends at the Grill," She actually doesn't have to meet them until five, but she had a tone of homework to do, and she needed to get it done before she can hangout at the Grill.

"Speaking of friends, is there something you want to tell me?" He ask her.

"I don't know is there?" She ask confuse by his question.