II. Brave New World

COLD LITTLE HEART
brave new world

THE NEXT DAY WAS THE MYSTIC FALLS HIGH SCHOOL CARNIVAL, Tamara was going to help organize the event for Caroline's sake

THE NEXT DAY WAS THE MYSTIC FALLS HIGH SCHOOL CARNIVAL, Tamara was going to help organize the event for Caroline's sake. Jeremy was okay, and Elena had been giving her pity looks the entire day. Tamara hadn't told anyone about what happened with Damon, or the reason why he snapped Jeremy's neck. Honestly, the last thing she wanted to do was think about Damon. Thankfully for her, she was busy the entire day helping to prepare for the carnival. Although unfortunately for Tamara, all Elena and Bonnie were talking about was exactly what she wanted to avoid.

"Katherine looked exactly like you, it was freakish," Bonnie says to her.

"She is my ancestor," She mutter before a girl walked up and Elena gave her a box.

"Hey I moved the student booth into the cafeteria," The girl nods before walking away.

"Your vampire ancestor and she didn't resemble you like a family member would, she was you," Bonnie replies still confused about the whole thing.

Shrugging Elena replies, "I don't know, I can't explain. It's creepy but that's all I got."

"How do you know she's not out there pretending to be you?" Bonnie asks.

"I don't but I could sit here and be bothered by not knowing or I could get these prizes to the ring toss," Elena tells her.

"You're really quiet today," Bonnie said as she turns towards Tamara. Tamara just shrugs her shoulder not replying to her.

"Have you talked to Damon since he killed Jeremy, or tried to kill Jeremy?" She ask. Tamara can feel Elena's gaze on her, curious to what she has to say.

"No, and I'm not going to. Look, I really don't want to talk about Damon, or anything else vampire related," Bonnie and Elena nodded understandingly, but she know that they want to answers from her. Tamara couldn't tell them the reason why Damon did what he did was because she didn't return her feelings for him, and also he was already upset about something else before coming into her room last night.

She choose to ignore them as she pick up a bag full of plush toys and hand it over to Bonnie.

"Today is about fun, we've been looking forward to this for months and with Caroline not here, we have to make sure this all runs smoothly because if word gets back that this carnival was a huge screw-up, she'll kill us," Tamara states trying to lightening the mood.

"That is true. We have to make Caroline proud. I don't know how she does all of this," Bonnie said nodding.

"Well because she's not human, obviously," Elena jokes.

"Obviously," Bonnie repeats and the three of them laugh at her joke. Little did they knew, that joke was actually true.
•••
Finally, the carnival was running smoothly and Tamara had some time to enjoy it. She walked around and checked out the events before she notice her brother at the arm-wrestling table. As Tyler wins, Tamara laugh at his confidence before hearing a familiar voice.