52 (Edited)

EVELYN'S POV
Today I was 22 weeks and 4 days and I have just a routine check-up today which of course I'm excited for but it also sucks because Oli won't be here.

But I can say that him being gone these last couple of weeks haven't been horrible I've been working to keep myself busy I definitely do look forward to the time when I know he's gonna call.

But anyways I got ready and started heading towards the doctor's office and right before I left I had texted Oli that I was on my way to the appointment and I would call him when I get out.

I'd gotten to the office and signed in before walking over to the waiting room.

I busied myself by playing on my phone just to past time while I waited to get called back.

Since Oli left I haven't been able to shake this feeling of uneasiness like even right now I'm sick to my stomach but I think I'm just stressed out from not being around Oli.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my name being called. "Evelyn Ferrari?" The nurse called out.

I got up walking to the side door. "Hi dear, how are you doing today?" She asked.

"I'm doing good how are you," I asked.

"I'm doing good, so is Mr. Ferrari coming? Do I need to wait for him to bring him back?" She asked once we had gotten into the exam room.

"No, he's currently away for training with the military," I explained to her.

"Okay, I had no idea he was in which branch does he work in?" She asked.

"He's in the Marines," I told her and she nodded her head.

"Okay, well I'll tell doctor Micah you're here." She told with a smile and I just nodded in return.

Once she had left I had gotten on the exam table waiting for the doctor and as the minutes ticked by the more nervous and uneasy I felt but I knew it was just because I didn't have Oli here.

A few minutes later there was a knock on the door and in walked Doctor Micah.

"Hello, how are you doing today?" He asked with a smile as he shook my hand.

"I'm doing good how are you?" I asked smiling back.

"I'm good, where's dad at?" He asked as he grabbed the measuring tape.

"He's currently away on training for the military," I told him.

"Well, tell him I wish him the best of luck." He said.

"Okay, lay back for me and I'll measure your stomach." He told me and I leaned back and pulled my shirt up.

He measured lengthways and width ways.

"Okay, everything looks good now we can have a look at her." He said as he sat down on the stood and started getting the ultrasound machine ready.

"So have you guys picked a name out for her yet?" He asked.

"We did her name is Paisley Grace," I told him a slight smile coming to face just thinking about her name.