64 (Edited)

EVELYN'S POV
Over the past two weeks, Oliver and I had began packing everything up in the house.

We were actually going to be keeping this house and getting it remodeled while we were gone and this'll be our vacation home if you will.
Especially since it was right on the beach, we figured we could have it remolded as a beach house and every so often we can come back and stay here.

We had most of our stuff already at the new place in New York all that was left for us was just personal belongings.

We were driving there and the total length of the drive is 26 hours, so the plan was to stop in Tennessee which is about halfway and we would stay there overnight and then get going early the next morning.

So, with that being said now we're here packing up the car it's three in the morning, last night we had everyone come over so we could say goodbye as we won't be seeing any of them for quite some time.

Oliver was packing up the last of our stuff in my car as we had his vehicles shipped there.

While he was doing that I walked in the house, just reminiscing on all the memories we had here.

We found out we were pregnant for the first time in this house we found what we were having picking out her name, losing her.

Good things and bad things have happened in this house but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I walked upstairs going into Paisley's room, staring at the empty room which didn't have anything of hers here anymore as it was now in New York.

Walking through the rest of the house it's a very bittersweet moment, the bitter part knowing that we're not gonna be able to raise our kids here like we planned, the sweet part knowing this is happening for a reason it's just crazy how life works.

I never imagined leaving Texas, I know it sounds stupid as I married someone in the military, but how could I think we'd be moving when all of our families are here.

I was standing out on the balcony looking out at the ocean when I heard Oliver's voice.

"You okay babygirl?" He asked as he came behind me wrapping his arms around me and placing his head on my shoulder.

"Yeah, is the car ready?" I asked him as I closed my eyes resting my head on his shoulder.

"It is, come on we'll be coming back soon." He said as he grabbed my hand and hugged me towards the door.

We walked downstairs and out the door locking it behind us, Oliver, of course, opened the door for me before getting in himself.

We had buckled up before he started driving, I had a blanket and a pillow up front with me, as I've been feeling really sick the past few days and I was planning to sleep on most of this ride.

I went to the doctors yesterday but he just said it was stress from getting ready to move and that I need to take it easy.

But that's of course easier said than done as since we told everyone we've been hanging out trying to soak up the last few moments we could and if it wasn't that. We were packing things over these two weeks has been so hectic so I'm definitely ready to be in New York and be settled in and relax.