4

Yeeun's POV:

The final score was twenty-one to fourteen. I waited for Mingi off to the side while he celebrated the big win with his team. I could see the smile on his face, and that gave me a little relief. But I knew he wasn't happy about me talking to Soyeon during the game.

I wrapped my arms around my chilled body as Mingi jogged over to me. In his football uniform, he looked even bigger and more intimidating than he already does. I felt so small next to him.

"Hey, baby," he greeted me, dropping his helmet onto the ground. "Hey. Good job tonight," I replied, forcing a smile and trying to act as innocent as possible. Maybe he would just drop the whole thing.

"Thank you," he said before coming close, wrapping his arms around me, and lifting me off the ground. I squealed in surprise before he placed his lips on mine. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I kissed him back. I managed to ignore his sweaty stench and wet hair.

Pulling away, he smiled at me and put me down, only roughly to pull me into his chest. "Who was that you were talking to during the game, babe?" He asked, his whole demeanor suddenly changed. I tried not to shudder at the tone of his voice speaking into my ear.

"N-no one," I stuttered, trying to push away from his chest. He squeezed my waist tightly, keeping me in place. I tried not to whimper in pain. "We'll talk about this later." He spat, his voice low and threatening. I swallowed hard.

"Mingi!" Someone called from behind me. Slowly, Mingi let go of me and grinned at whoever stood behind me. "Hey, coach," he replied, shaking the guy's hand. "Great game tonight," said the coach. "Thanks." Mingi replied, just briefly glancing down at me.

"And who's this lovely little lady?" The coach asked, smiling warmly at me. I gave him a small smile in return. "This is my girlfriend, Yeeun," Mingi told him, putting his arm back around my waist, this time more loosely. "Nice to meet you, Yeeun," the coach said, sticking out his hand. "You too." I replied shortly, shaking his hand.

"Well, you two have a great night. I'll see you on Monday, Mingi," he said, starting to walk away. "See ya, coach." Mingi replied before looking back at me. That dark look in his eyes that I was all too familiar with returned.

"I have to go to the locker room. Go wait by my car," he instructed, keeping his voice dull and emotionless. I nodded and looked down, knowing what was about to come.

Mingi gently kissed the top of my head, but at the same time, tightly squeezed my upper arm. Then he turned and started walking towards the school. I sighed and kept my head down as I made my way towards the parking lot.

I stuffed my hands into my sweatshirt pocket, getting chillier by the minute. My body started trembling, not only because I was cold, but because I was afraid of what was about to come.

Once I reached Mingi 's car, I leaned against it and waited for him to show up. The parking lot was clearing out quickly, leaving me by myself. This gave Mingi the perfect chance to "talk" to me.

I wanted so desperately to make a run for it and hurry across the parking lot to my car. I could get out of here easily, but that would only upset Mingi more. I didn't even want to imagine what he would do to me if I ran away from him right now.

I gasped when I felt a harsh grip on my arm again after a few long minutes of just waiting and wondering what was to come.

"So you want to tell me who that girl was?" Mingi asked, towering over me and looking down at me with a harsh, terrifying stare. I stayed quiet and stared at the pavement beneath my sneakers. If looks could kill...

Suddenly, Mingi threw me against his car. My head flew back, hitting the driver's window and the pain in my back from yesterday returned. I sucked in a sharp breath.  "Give me your phone," he demanded. "W-why?" My shaky voice stuttered. He ignored my question. "Now."

Instead of obeying him, I reluctantly shook my head, denying his commands. Bad idea.

He pulled me towards him, only to throw me against the car again. This time, I whimpered in pain and tears pricked my eyes. Then he reached into my back pocket, swiftly pulling out my iPhone.

I watched helplessly as Mingi unlocked my phone easily, since he doesn't allow me to keep a pass code on it. He opened up my contacts app and scrolled through the very few names he lets me have in my phone. It was limited to him, my mom, and a couple other family members.

When he stumbled upon Soyeon's name, he knew immediately that it was a new contact. "So, Soyeon, huh?" He asked and I bowed my head. "Who's Soyeon, baby?" I stayed silent.

Mingi told ahold of my chin and tilted it all the way back so that my head was against his car. He took a step or two closer to me so that he was looking straight down at me and our bodies were against each other. He was trying to intimidate me, and it was working.

"You know I don't like you talking to strangers, Yeeun." He said, more calmly as he stared at me dead center in the eye. "I know," I whispered, feeling tears start to prick my eyes again. "Good." He said before deleting Soyeon from my contacts. I frowned and let a single tear slip.

Mingi took a step back, letting go of me. He locked my phone and gave it back to me. I stuffed it back into my pocket and wiped my tear away, trying to pull myself together.

"Come on," Mingi said, grasping my hand in his. "I'll walk you back to your car." I was so upset that I would've rather walked back by myself and risked getting jumped or raped than go with Mingi. But I guess he wasn't giving me a choice.

We started walking across the parking lot towards my car. It was silent between the two of us, but I didn't care. I was in no mood to talk to Mingi at the moment.

Once we reached my car, I unlocked it and tried to get in right away, but Mingi pulled me back. Turning me around, he pulled me into his chest and kissed me. I debated on whether I should kiss back or not because of how upset I was with him. But I didn't want him to get angry with me again, so I decided not to take my chances and kiss him back.

He wrapped his arms tightly around me, pulling me even closer. Our bodies were tightly pressed against one another and he deepened the kiss. I was in no mood to make out with him right here in the parking lot and I tried pushing at his chest, but he didn't move one inch. I stopped kissing him back to let him know that I didn't want to do this right now.

"Baby," he groaned, slightly pulling back. "What's wrong?" I reached back, trying to unravel his arms from around my waist. "I want to go home," I told him firmly. I thought he would get angry again, but he only sighed. "Okay, sweetie," he said, gently kissing my forehead. "I'll see you tomorrow."

He backed up a step or two, and I instantly turned around and climbed into my car. "Drive safe." I heard Mingi say before I closed the door behind me. Ignoring him, I started my car and backed out of my parking space. I couldn't get away from him fast enough.

Surely, I would hear about this tomorrow. Mingi gets mad at me when I get mad at him because appearantly, I'm not allowed to be upset with him. But he can get mad at me however much he wants, whenever he wants to because he has the upper hand in this relationship.

That's how it works between us.