38

Yeeun's POV:

Taking a deep breath, I knocked on Mingi's front door. Immediately, I could hear quick footsteps coming my way. The door flew open, revealing a frazzled looking Ms.Song.

"Yeeun," she said with a relieved sigh. "Thank you so much for coming." I nodded and faked a smile. I didn't say you're 'welcome 'or 'no problem' because this was the last place I wanted to be at the moment.

"Come in, come in." She urged, practically pulling me inside the house.

"He's upstairs in his room. He won't stop crying and I'm pretty sure that bottle of whiskey is close to empty." She said, running a hand through her dark hair. I could see the distress clouding her eyes.

"So, what do you want me to do?" I asked. She shrugged lightly. "I don't know, just talk to him. He won't listen to me, but maybe he'll listen to you. After all, he won't stop talking about you."

I nodded in understanding, taking another deep breath as I started towards the stairs.

"Good luck." Ms.Song called as I slowly marched up the staircase. I didn't bother responding.

I took my time to get to Mingi's room as my nerves grew worse and worse. My heart was a big bass drum in my chest. My hands were clammy. My stomach was twisting and turning.

I didn't know what to expect once I opened Mingi's bedroom door.

I slowly made my way down the hallway and finally came to Mingi's room. The door was barely cracked open. Inside, I could hear sniffling and some rustling of what kind of sounded like paper.

Taking one final deep breath, I slowly pushed the door open and stepped inside. The familiar scent of Mingi cologne crept up my nostrils, along with a hint of the stench of alcohol.

Mingi heard me enter and immediately whipped around. I was taken aback by his appearance. He was only wearing sweatpants and his hair was disheveled, sticking out it countless directions. His eyes were bloodshot, probably from both the alcohol and crying. He had a bottle of whiskey in one hand and a picture of me in the other.

"Baby," he whispered, his teary eyes softening as he recognized me. He tried to stand up, but stumbled a bit. Quick to regain his balance, he made his way over to me. Fearful, I took a step or two back, making Mingi stop. He stared me down with sorrowful eyes.

"Yeeun," he said softly. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

I stood there, motionless and said nothing. I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what Ms.Song expected me to do that would help Mingi.

"Please, take me back. I'm sorry. I love you so, so much,he continued to ramble, his words slurring. I swallowed, looking away and shaking my head. "Yeeun, please." He begged, stepping towards me again. Once again, I backed away, but Mingi didn't stop this time. He backed me right into a wall, trapping me.

My heart was pounding so loudly, I worried that he could hear it. He was so close, his breath touched my lips, the strong stench of whiskey creeping up my nostrils. He carelessly dropped the nearly empty bottle of whiskey so he could touch my face. I closed my eyes tightly as his thumb gently stroked my cheek.

"I love you more than anything." He whispered, his voice breaking as his eyes filled with tears. He laid his forehead against mine and wrapped his arms around me as he broke into a fit of tears.

"Please, don't leave me. I-I'll do anything, Yeeun. I'll do anything," he pleaded in between sniffles. Exhaling, I gently pushed him away and took him by the arms. I froze for a moment as the feeling of his muscles underneath my fingertips reminded me of how dangerous he was right now. Mingi can be unpredictable with alcohol in his system. He could go from sobbing like a baby to screaming in terrifying anger in the blink of an eye.