27

Yeeun's POV

1...2...3...4...

I counted the beats of Mingi's heart as I laid on his chest, my ear directly on top of his heart. My arms were wrapped around his neck, his around my waist. Both of us were motionless.

I didn't know if he was asleep or not, but I was feeling too lazy to move my head and find out. So, I continued to count the calm, steady beats of his heart underneath my ear.

After making up, Mingi said he wanted to spend the day with me. "What about school?" I'd asked him. He simply smirked before saying, "You're more important."

Minutes later, we were snuggled up on the couch, watching a movie. I was still in my pajamas and I hadn't brushed my teeth or showered yet, so I probably looked and smelled disgusting. But Mingi didn't seem to mind. He didn't show any signs of disgust.

I sighed contently, wrapping my arms a little tighter around his neck. The movie had ended a while ago and the room was now silent and peaceful.

And for the first time in what felt like ages, I was happy and unafraid, despite laying in Mingi's arms. I knew he was going to keep his promise. I could just feel it. He meant it and wasn't going back on his word. At least, that's what I kept telling myself. But a part of me felt that I was being too naive.

I really hoped that part of me was wrong.

I laid there for a few more minutes before finding that I was bored. Remembering that I had yet to shower, I decided to do so.

Very carefully, I got off of Mingi, just in case he actually was asleep. Once I was on my feet, I looked down at him. Sure enough, he was sleeping.

The corners of my lips curved slightly. He looked so peaceful and innocent while sleeping.

Mingi is the farthest thing from innocent, a voice in my head snarled at me. I quickly shook my head, ignoring the voice.

He used to be the farthest thing from innocent. But he promised to make a change and to become a better boyfriend. And I knew he would.

Exhaling, I turned away from him and started walking towards the staircase. Upstairs, I entered the bathroom, turned on the shower, and stripped down before climbing inside of it.

The warm water felt so good, pelting against my skin. I closed my eyes and smiled contently.

It was so hard to get out of that shower, but after a half hour, I decided that I'd been in there long enough. After getting dressed and brushing my teeth, I went back downstairs and returned to the living room.

I found Mingi right where I left him, except this time, he was awake. He smiled when he saw me.

"Hey, baby," he said, sitting up and motioning me towards him. "Come here."

Obeying, I walked towards him and he pulled me onto his lap so that I was straddling him. He snaked his arms securely around my waist and I wrapped mine around his neck.

Still smiling, he leaned up and gently attached his lips to mine. The kiss was so slow and gentle, it surprised me. A lot of the time, our kisses were forced and often rough. But maybe this was my first sign that Mingi truly was trying to be a better guy than the one he was.

"I love you so much," he whispered against my lips as the kiss ended. I smiled a bit and whispered in reply, "I love you too."

Pulling away fully, he moved a hand up and moved a loose strand of wet hair behind my ear. Then his eyes began scanning over my face repeatedly, as if he was trying to memorize every inch.

"You're so beautiful," he said softly. I felt my cheeks begin to heat up and I quickly looked down at my sweatshirt in attempt to hide my blush.

You'd think that since we've been together for nearly a year, I'd be used to Mingi's compliments. But I wasn't.

Sure, he'd complimented me plenty of times before. But now, it felt different. It felt real. Before, it felt like Mingi would simply say nice things to make up for yelling, scaring, or hurting me. But now that we're getting a fresh start, his compliment put butterflies in my stomach, unlike before.

"Hey," Mingi said, tucking a finger underneath my chin and tilting my head back up. I could still feel the heat in my cheeks and when Mingi saw this, he chuckled. "Aww." He cooed before kissing both of my tomato red cheeks. This only made them heat up even more, if that were even possible.

"Stop," I whined, burying my face into his shoulder. He laughed. "Come on," he said. "I want to enjoy this. You haven't blushed for me since we first started dating."

I frowned slightly. "Yeah," I muttered into his shoulder. "That's because things are better between us now."

Mingi emitted a sigh. "I'm sorry," he said quietly. "I'm so, so sorry." I took my face away from his shoulder and looked at him. Sorrow and deep regret filled his chocolate eyes and my heart swelled in empathy for him.

"It's okay," I told him. "That's all in the past now, right?"

I actually held my breath, nervous as I awaited his answer. What if he says no? What if he breaks his promise and hurts me again?

Mingi smiled. "Of course." He said and I released the breath I'd been holding in. Even though it only was for a moment, it felt like a lifetime.

With that, he leaned in and pressed his lips to mine once more.