11

Yeeun's POV:

"Hey," a voice whispered into my ear. I felt strong arms wrap around my waist, and I knew it was Mingi. I felt his breath on my neck, giving me chills. "Hi." I replied, rummaging through my locker in search of one of my text books.

It's been a few days since our date. I decided to not stay upset about what Mingi said to me at the end of the night. There was no point. It's not like he was going to apologize.

I felt Mingi's arms tighten around my waist and I tensed a little. When I craned my neck look up at him, he was gazing down the hallway at something or someone. Following his gaze, I could find anyone he really knew.

Until I noticed Soyeon.

He was staring her down as she talked to some other girl. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Mingi?" I spoke, trying to take his attention off Soyeon. He glanced down at me, his eyes slightly darker than normal.

"What's wrong?" I asked. He sighed, loosening his arms a bit. "Nothing," he replied, gently kissing my temple. I bit my lip, still very confused, but I decided to just drop it.

I turned back to my locker, finally finding the text book I was looking for. Just as I was closing my locker, I felt Mingi's grip tighten on me again. This time, his hold was applying so much pressure that it was starting to hurt.

"Mingi, sto--" I began, but was cut off by another voice. "Hey, Yeeun!" I closed my eyes at the sound of the voice, recognizing it instantly. Soyeon.

"Who's this?" She asked, gesturing to Mingi. I swallowed hard, feeling my heart beat accelerating. "I'm Mingi, her boyfriend," Mingi replied, speaking for me. The tone of his voice made him sound slightly annoyed. "Oh, I'm Soyeon, a friend of Yeeun's." She told him.

No! I screamed in my mind. That was exactly what she wasn't supposed to say. I wanted to shoot her a death glare. Really?" Mingi replied, tightening his grip on me even more. I fought back a whimper. Soyeon smiled before turning to me.

"We still haven't hung out, you know," she pointed out. I cringed. It's like she was doing this to me on purpose. "Uh, I-I..." I tried to sputter something, anything out. But no matter what I said, it would be wrong.

If I told Soyeon that I couldn't hang out with her...ever, I'd have a lot of explaining (and lying) to do. And if I said that we could hang out sometime soon, Mingi would get mad. I didn't want either of those things to happen. So, I closed my mouth as Mingi pressed my back tightly against his chest.

"Yeeun? Are you okay?" Soyeon asked, suddenly sounding concerned. I must have looked pale in the face. That usually happens when I get into situations like this with Mingi.

"What's the matter, baby?" Mingi asked, pretending to be concerned. He moved his head so that he was looking down at me. I looked away from him. "N-nothing," I stuttered, barely breaking out of his tight grip. "I got to go." I lied, glancing at both Mingi and Soyeon before scurrying off.

Once I reached my class and was situated in my seat, I huffed out a sigh. I laid my head down on the desk, using my arms as a pillow.

I knew I was in trouble with Mingi for this one.

--

"We need to talk about what happened earlier," Mingi said, bringing me to a halt as I tried to hurry out of the school. His football practice must have been cancelled today.

"Look, I promise, I've been trying to avoid her, Mingi," I said, already knowing what he was going to say. "Really? Because its sure sounds like she thinks you two are best friends," Mingi retorted, taking a small step towards me. I didn't cower away, feeling a little braver than I usually do around him.