39

Yeeun's POV

Mingi returned to his bedroom after a long shower. He looked much better. His eyes were no longer bloodshot and he wasn't stumbling around anymore. He was back in his sweatpants and still didn't have a shirt on.

I patiently sat on his bed, waiting for him to look at me. When he did, I could see the sorrow remained in his mocha brown eyes.

"Hey," he said softly, sitting down next to me. His strong and intoxicating scent from showering hit me like a truck. He smelt so good.

"Hey." I managed to reply, trying not to be affected by his amazing scent.

The two of us sat on his bed in silence for a while. I don't think either of us knew where to begin the conversation that we needed to have. Several times, I tried to speak, but no words would come out.

Finally, Mingi said, "I love you so much, Yeeun. You know that, right?" I sighed and shook my head at him. "No, Mingi. I don't know that. So, stop saying it," I told him. He furrowed his eyebrows, surprise crossing his facial expression. "What?"

I stood up and stepped away from the bed. "If you loved me so much, then you wouldn't have treated me the way you have this past year. Generally, people don't hurt the people they love." I told him, crossing my arms.

Closing his eyes, he let his head fall. "Yeeun," he said softly in that silky smooth voice that got to me every time. He had raised his eyes to meet mine again, a gentle stare gazing back at me. "Come here." He said. I tried my hardest to resist him and his slick trap, shaking my head.

Mingi sighed and stood up, coming to me instead. He slowly approached me and I carefully watched his every move. When he was close enough, he gathered me into his arms. Despite my efforts to escape, Mingi used his overpowering strength to keep me in place.

"Yeeun, you don't understand," he said softly. "I love you." Getting annoyed with those words coming out of his mouth, I clenched my jaw and looked away. Mingi followed, tilting his head to the side so that our gaze met again.

"Listen to me, baby," he ordered in a near whisper. "There's something that you need to know."

"Is it that you love me? Because if it is, just stop talking right now. You may think that you love me, but you really don't. You have no idea what love is, Mingi," I ranted. By the expression on his face, I could tell that my words had offended him. "Yes, I do, Yeeun," he argued. "I do know what love is because I love you so much, I would do absolutely anything to make you stay with me."

"Well, there's nothing you can do, Mingi. So don't even bother trying." I retorted, firmly.

Suddenly, his hand was around my neck and I was pushed against a nearby wall. I gasped in fright. My mind began racing with thoughts I shouldn't have been thinking; I'm sorry, Mingi. I'll stay and take you back, I wanted to say just so he wouldn't hurt me. I was going right back to my old ways, just like I thought Mingi was.

However, I realized that Mingi's grip around my neck wasn't even close to being tight. I could still breathe. In addition to that, my back wasn't hurting from being pushed too hard into the wall.

My body was trembling and my breaths came out as pants as I slowly recovered from Mingi's sudden and frightening actions. I looked up at him with an expression of utter confusion. I became even more confused when I saw that he was perfectly calm. His eyes weren't dark and his facial expression wasn't an angry one.

All I could think was, What the hell?

"Did I scare you?" Mingi asked in a low voice. Again, I was surprised. The tone of his voice wasn't an angry or threatening.