1- The Kings Castle

A customer comes into the shop. As soon as I see the customer I immediately recognize him as the cruel and ruthless brother of the vampire King, every year he comes here to buy a new human for his brother's birthday.

Lucius. I could recognize Lucius anywhere, with his emerald green eyes, chestnut brown hair and muscular body. Lucius walks past and examines each and every girl and boy in every cage until he reaches mine, he looks at me and smirks causing his pearly white fangs to show.

"Is she human?" Lucius ask while looking over at Ryan but Ryan just shakes his head, "What is she then?" Lucius continues with the questions.

In my opinion, it should be obvious that I'm not a human, humans don't have violet eyes like me.

"A shifter," I say rudely, "Next time just ask me," I growl quietly while Lucius starts laughing hysterically

"Well aren't you a feisty one." he laughs, then turning his attention to Ryan. "She is exactly what my big brother needs, how much?," he asks.

Oh no, I'm screwed. Alright, goodbye cruel world. I won't miss you.

"350 000 sunnies, collar and a leash included," Ryan says while staring at me worriedly. 

"Expensive, but I'm guessing it has to do with her being a shifter?," Lucius asks while Ryan nods slowly.

Lucius walks over to the wall full of collars and leashes and picks a black collar and leash, then he walks over to the counter and pays for me. Ryan hands Lucius my code for the chip in my wrist and lets Lucius drag me out of the shop and into a black, newly washed car.

"Silver City," Lucius says to the driver and immediately the vehicle starts moving forward.

I've never been to the Silver City, they say it's a beautiful city with only one downside to it, all the vampires live there, excluding Ryan. I've always lived here in Steel Cliff and never seen any other place with my own eyes.

"So am I your pet or...?" I ask rather boldly but it's a question needed to be said.

"You're the king's new pet." he answers with an irritated voice. I see, my curiosity is not appreciated.

"Is he really as cruel as the vampires say he is?" I ask him, I'm not really interested in this topic but I really feel like pissing him off. "Is it really true that he killed his last pet." I continue questioning. "If it is, did he enjoy it?" I can hardly contain myself from laughing.

"YES!," he roars "Shut the fuck up!" he continues. A smirk appears on my lips.

"Is it true you killed your mate?" as soon as the question leaves my lips Lucius's eye color turns crimson red. I guess I hit the right nerve. "So are you a mate killer or not?" my smirk grows bigger the angrier he gets.

"You don't know what you're talking about," he growls, just like a dog.

"But I do, do you realize how many vampires come to the shop and gossip about you?" I laugh out, "And every single one says the exact same thing, that you killed your mate." he's so mad right now. "She loved you so much and you killed her." his strong hands squeeze around my neck causing all air to leave my lungs.

"SHUT UP!," he roars, "SHUT THE FUCK UP!," he screams in my face. I've never seen a vampire mad before. Shit, I went too far. I struggle to loosen his grip but fail, I'm no match against a vampire.

"You deserve every ounce of cruelty my brother has in store for you." he spits out right before he knocks me out cold.

***

Am I flying? No. Is someone carrying me? I think so. But who?

I open my eyes and I'm greeted by two emerald green eyes and beautiful brown hair. He is carrying me! But of course, as soon as he sees that I'm awake he lets go of me and I drop to the floor, hissing out in pain.

"What the frick dude!" I growl "Warn me next time?" I groan while rubbing my back.

"No," Lucius snickers. I guess this is his payback for what happened in the car. My gaze wanders around the room I'm in, I'm in a bedroom. The floor is a beautiful mahogany color while the walls are covered in black wallpaper. The room is huge maybe twice the size of the pet shop. 

I snapped out of my fog off wonders when Lucius approaches me.

"Xander will be here soon." he says as he hands me a note, "Give this to Xander." then he leaves the room. My eyes wander once more around the room, it's a beautiful room just a little too dark for me. 

Steps approach the door, Xander is coming. With every step, my heartbeat increases. My thundering heart stops completely when a faint 'click' is heard from the door before it opens a man walks in.

// Don't forget to vote :) //