52- Time for war

Xander's POV

"Prepare an attack, I'll take the blue troop," I bark orders with my back to the dark circular table where my generals sit. 

"But your highness we can't escalate the war because of one threat," one man starts as anger boils in my veins. 

"You mean a threat towards YOUR King and therefore the whole kingdom as well!" I roar as I turn around to face the man. He whimpers as his head falls. 

"Of course your highness, I'll prepare the blue troop," he lowly says before hurrying his way out of the room. Ethan's hand lands on my shoulder as a way of telling me to calm down but I brush him off. 

"Now I want both the red and green troop with me while the yellow troop stays here," I bark orders as everyone leaves the room, preparing for what's to come. 

"Is this really necessary Xander," Ethan asks as I turn around to face him. I lean my palms onto the big table as I sigh, my hands shaking from anger. 

"He has her Ethan, I need to get her back," I growl in between clenched teeth. 

"Di- did you complete the..."

"The bond? No, of course not," I sigh as I shake my head. Ethan lets out a sigh of relief, about to speak again but I interrupt him. "We... kissed. I'll feel everything she'll feel, every blow of a whip or every cut of a knife." 

"Shit." 

I open my mouth to respond but find my breath taken away as I fall to my knees, feeling a whip against my back. I turn my head around only to find a wall behind me. 

He's torturing her. I'm going to kill him for this.

Another whiplash hits my back as I let out a scream. Ethan is by my side before another blow hits me, trying to get me to stand up.

"Bite me," I growl. Instead of doing as told he pulls away with an angry scowl on his face. 

"I'm not gonna let you get high, especially not on my venom." 

"I'm not gonna get high, I just need a little to numb the pain." 

He sighs as he takes a hold of my wrist, sinking his fangs into my skin. Instead of drinking my blood, he lets venom flow into my system. As Ethan pulls away I feel adrenaline pumping in my veins, making me want to kill anything with a pulse. A slap to the face brings me back to my senses as Ethan helps me get up. 

I never liked the feeling of venom in my system.

With my back turned to the door I sip on a glass of water as the door opens and one of my generals walks in. "We're ready for attack, your highness," he says to my back as a small smirk appears on my lips.

"Get my uniform," I command before he leaves. "I have a bastard to kill."