12- He's even worse than I thought

Aurora's POV

The door opens and Ethan walks in with the man that bit me, stumbling after him. As if on queue Xander stands up to face him while my body starts to tremble once again, not even the heavenly bed I'm sitting on can comfort me.

"Greetings John. What a fine night it has been but I see you've had the finest." Xander says, with something sinister in his voice. The man whose name is John glances at me before panic and fear strikes in his eyes.

From the position, I have on the bed I can bearly see Xander's face but I do see the smirk on his lips. Three preditors in one room, only one that I can trust. Right now I don't know who to fear the most, Xander or John. I've been bitten by both, even though I must say, Xander was right. Xander was actually gentle, belive it or not.

"Your Highness, if I would've known..." John begins to plead but Xander brings his finger to his own lips, hushing the man.

"Yes, I know, you would've never have done it. I've heard it a thousand times before." Xander says with an eye roll before turning around and walking over to me. Xander grabs my head, tilting it to the side so that the mark on my neck is more visible. "Now look at what you've done, vandalized my property." Xander scoffs, "And I don't have time to fix it. Do you know why I don't have time to fix it?" Xander asks but answers before John can even open his mouth, "Because I'm your fucking King!" he roars making John whimper in fear, even I flinch at his outburst.

"Please your Highness, let me make it up to you." John pleads as he falls to his knees. A smirk appears on Xander's lips. Silence fills the room as Xander observes John, trying to find a suitable punishment.

"I could make you into a slave for my pet for a day..." Xander suggests while watching the devastated look on John's face, "But I have something much better in store for you." Xander laughs as John grows more desperate.

"Anything." John exclaims still begging on his knees.

"Then a soldier you shall be." John's face falls, seems as if Xander found something John feared even more than being a servant to a pet, "Training starts tomorrow at dawn, dismissed." Xander waves the man away, still with a smirk on his lips. Ethan grabs John by the collar of his shirt and drags him out of the room, leaving only me and Xander.

I hope John knows that I never told a soul about what happened.

Xander takes a seat on the bed by the headboard, his feet resting beside me. I turn my body towards him as I twist my head back as far as I possibly can manage. He brings out his phone, eyes scanning it and it's content.

"Thank you, Xander." I croak out, my voice, raspy from my previous crying. Xander never looks up from his phone, instead, he just sighs. 

"I don't like my property damaged..." he starts, boredom evident in his voice, "and as I said, I don't have time to take care of the damages." he explains, still staring at the phone. 

Right, that's all I am. Property. The word sickens me, makes me want to hurl. When did my life become less worth than his? Sure he is a King but he's still a living creature like me. 

I slide off the bed before walking into the closet. In the box, previously brought here, lays my clothes. I grab a hoodie and a pair of soft shorts before letting the dress slide off of my body, I put on the new fresher clothes on before walking out and over to the couch. I slide in under the blanket as I lay down, letting my eyes flutter shut.

Just when I thought Xander did something nice for me, he proves me wrong. He's even worse than I thought.

//Don't forget to vote//