43- I don't forgive you

Aurora's POV

I lay on Xander's couch as I listen to his soft and almost unnoticeable snoring as I gaze at his new white wallpaper. The new wallpaper brights up the room, especially now that the sun is shining outside. 

So he did listen to my words. Somehow, that feels nice to know that he took my advice. 

My gaze travels over to the back of a sleeping Xander as a sigh leaves my lips. I sit up while still covering myself with the blanket Xander gave me, I bring my knees to my chest as my gaze falls to the floor. 

Xander was really nice to me last night but it was probably just because he felt guilty, either for how things turned out last night or for the blonde girl's craziness. 

I know that he doesn't like me so the best for both of us is for me to stay away, no matter how much it hurts me to say that.

"Do you have to think so much so early in the morning?" he groans as he turns around to look at me with lazy and half-open eyes.

"What else can I do?" I try joking but my voice cracks and I have to look away. "Did you hear any of it?" I ask after a while of silence. Xander shakes his head as he sits up in his bed. 

"No, can't concentrate on listening while sleeping," he explains as his gaze looks me up and down, "Why? What were they about?" he asks as if we're talking about a dream of mine and not an actual thought. 

I stand up from the couch but don'r dare to do anything else. We lock eyes for a long while and I actually consider not saying anything to him but then I blink and the trans is over. 

"I think I should go back to the basement, I've bothered you enough for a long, long time. Besides, I now know that you hate me so there's no point in me staying here." 

He blinks at me once, twice, thrice, before speaking up.

"I am sorry for the way I reacted to you last night, I truly am," he says as he gets out of bed and walks closer to me. Fireworks go off in my stomach as his hands take mine, "But I don't hate you, I don't think I ever actually did. If I did, you'd probably be gone by now." His words are meant to be comforting but terror strucks me instead and I withdraw my hands from his hold as I step away, falling onto the couch.

"I'm sorry," he sighes as he takes a step back with sorrow in his eyes and I could feel my... no, his heart, break into a thousand pieces. He turns around and walks towards his bathroom with heavy steps. 

"I don't forgive you, I never will," I say, my gaze staring at the wallpaper. 

"I know."

"But you can still prove to me that you mean what you said."