21- Forgotten memories

Aurora's POV

"Let's get inside, Aurora." 

"Is it that late already?" 

"No, not really," Ethan states as he rubs the back of his neck, "but your lips are turning blue and Xander would kill me if you'd get sick." 

"Like he cares about me." 

"Xander has a lot to do and he isn't too fond of taking care of his pets more than necessary." 

"Right."

"Cheer up," he chuckles as he nudges my shoulder with his, "Let's get inside and I'll get you a cup of hot chocolate." I smile as I follow him inside. 

As he promised, he makes me a cup of hot chocolate. The sweet taste dances on my tongue, bringing me back to Ryan's old cabin.

"Lyan! Lyan! Look!" I shout in excitement as I shift into a black kitten for the first time ever. My body trembles as I try to hold myself from shifting back... but fail. 

"That was great, Kitten!" I giggle at his nickname for me before embracing him in a tight hug. 

"You'le the best Lyan!" We both chuckle as Ryan gives me a cup of hot chocolate. 

I shake away the memories but not before a smile creeps up onto my lips. 

"You have a beautiful smile." My cheeks heat up as I avert my eyes towards the floor. 

"Thanks," I mumble, never looking up.

From the corner of my eye, I see Ethan coming closer before he places his hand onto my shoulder, making my skin cold.

Ryans hand lays on my shoulder, cooling my skin in a desperate try to calm me down. His voice is soft but I can't hear it. Blood pounds in my ears, blocking everything out as my heart thunders like a drum in my chest. I can't see my hands in front of me but still, I know that they are trembling like the rest of my body. The pain lingering in my chest makes it feel like my lungs are being strangled as breathing becomes nearly impossible. 

I don't want to be a pet, I don't want to be an item in the pet shop. Why did I have to turn sixteen? Why couldn't I be a kid for a few more years? I don't want it to end like this. Please don't let it end like this. 

Tears stream down my face as darkness fills my vision and I drop to the floor. 

Once again I have to shake away my memories. I can't believe that I actually forgot all of these memories.

Not all my memories with Ryan are great but I still cherish them in my heart. He was like a father to me and I love him. I wish I got to tell him that the day Lucius bought me, because now I may not get the chance.