33- Aurora

Xander's POV

"Yeah, she believed me," Ethan says with guilt in his voice. I hold my phone closer to my ear, trying to hear him clearly. 

"Are you totally sure she fell for it?" 

The plan was for Ethan to act nervous so she wouldn't suspect the real reason for us putting her in the basement. She mustn't know about our bond, not until the wait for a mate could kill her. Only then will I destroy her whole life.

"Yes Xander, I'm sure," he sighs, "you can come back home now." 

"I'll be back in a few days, I have some real business to attend," I respond as I tie my red tie around my neck. My eyes travel over the reflection in front of me, always the same old black suit. I always liked my black suit with a red tie but nowadays I would want a purple tie. Although purple wouldn't match my personality, it would match my eyes though. 

"Alright, see ya in a few days." 

"Yeah, bye," I answer absentmindedly as I continue staring at my reflection in the mirror. Golden light shines through the window and hits my face, warming my skin and giving my silver eyes some extra unneeded glow. A soft 'beep' is heard from the phone as Ethan ends the call, I shove the phone into my pocket. 

I step away from the mirror and jump onto my bed before turning the tv on, I have a few hours to waste before the meeting. As I watch the tv my hand subconsciously travels down to my pocket where my fingers wrap around my phone. Seconds later I'm staring at a photo of Aurora that Ethan took a couple of months ago. My eyes find the mark on her neck that isn't mine, the mark goes trough mine and over down to her collarbone. A growl escapes my lips before I can stop it. 

I throw my phone across the room as I realize the cause of my anger. She's everywhere and in everything, it's like she's haunting my mind. I'm even starting to get jealous of other guys. If this is what it means to have a mate then I don't want one. 

I sigh as I turn the tv off before jumping off of the bed and walking out of the hotel room. The receptionist smiles at me as I walk out of the building. The morning light shines on me as I continue walking on the sidewalk. Humans pass by with their dogs or children as they give me smiles. All I can do is smile back even though all I want to do is to run. I don't even care where I run I just need to run but I can't. 

I know exactly where I want to run. It almost feels as if everyone passing by can see where I want to be in my eyes. 

Aurora, that's the only place I truly want to be. Just a few more days without physically seeing her will cause this longing to go away.