51- I'd rather die

Aurora's POV

The silver chains holding me up by my wrists are cold against my skin, red marks form beneath the shiny metal. The room around me is dark with no windows to indicate where I am, all I know is that 'the dark lord' is in here with me. 

Another whip slash against my back brings me back as a cry of pain escapes my throat. I can almost feel the grin on his lips as he brings down the whip onto my back once again. 

"Now tell me pet-," he spits out the word as if it's poisonous, "how does the king plan on defeating me?" he asks and I can hear the smirk on his twisted and dark face. I turn my head slightly to see him but all I see is his blood-red eyes, glowing in the dark.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I mumble before another blow hits my back, creating another gash to my collection. 

"Do you take me for a fool?!" he roars as two more blows hit my back, I scream in pain as tears form in my eyes. 

"N-no," I whimper out a response as my body shakes from fear and pain. 

"Then tell me what I need to know," he growls, his claws digging into my arms as blood flows from every wound, making me weak and fragile. "I know what you are to him so he must've told you," he speculates.

"I don't know about any plan!" I exclaim, hoping he can hear the truth in my voice. After a moment of silence, a weak smirk appears on my lips as my hair forms a curtain around my face, hiding the sudden urge to kill that clouds my mind, "and even if I did, I wouldn't tell you," I laugh. Another blow hits my back and I'm dragged back to my normal self.

A single tear falls from my eye, I'd rather die than betray Xander.

"You fool!" he roars, "You will pay dearly for this!". I can feel his cold darkness around me, trying to desperately find a way into my mind. His darkness tries to take over, make me into his puppet. I gasp, ready to lose all control but no such thing comes, my mind is still my own. He roars in anger and tries again and again but never succeeding. 

For a long moment, the room is quiet with only my ragged breaths that can be heard.

"What are you?" he asks as I hear him back away. 

Is he afraid of me? What can make a DEMON like him be afraid of a simple little shifter that can barely shift into a wolf? There has to be something more to it... something that kills darkness. 

Light. 

Fear takes over my mind, I'm only a shifter, what kind of light can I have? I can't simply be a shifter if I have light.

Then... what am I?