44- I could stay

Xander's POV

"But you can still prove to me that you mean what you said." 

That sentence repeats its self in my head, over and over again as cold water pours over me with small droplets. 

I will prove to her that she has changed me. That smile she had on her lips last night really made my heart melt. I can't believe that I'm thinking this but I think that I might actually be falling in love with her.

I turn the shower off as I drag my fingers through my hair. I step out of the shower and wrap a towel around my waist as I grab a smaller towel to dry my hair with. I give myself a glance in the mirror before walking out into my room where Aurora sits on the window bay, looking out of the window. 

"So do you still wanna go back to the dungeon?" I ask as I get dressed. For the first time since my father died, I put on a black hoodie and a pair of grey sweat-pants. I walk out of the closet once I'm done, Aurora stares at me with wide eyes before I clear my throat, "So?"

"Eh... yeah," she answers quietly while averting her gaze away from me. 

"Alright," I sigh, "Let's go," I say as I motion with my hand for her to come with me. She stumbles her way over and giggles slightly when she flies straight into my chest, making me chuckle as well. 

Once she's stable again I turn around and open the door where Clairy is standing with her hand raised, like she was about to knock. She smiles at me before sneaks past me and into the room. 

"Good, you're here. I just wanted to ask you if you want Aurora to have the old dress or if I should make a new one?" Clairy asks as I  study her features, confused about why Aurora would need a dress. 

"Why would she need a dress?"

"The spring gala?" she answers confused. 

Everything freezes while 'spring gala' repeats itself in my head. It's the most important party of the year, where everyone gets to come to celebrate the new year. (We do know that New years eve is 31 December but this gives people the time to settle and see the sun before they go to a party). 

"Eeeh... new one."

"Still purple or...?" 

"I would like it to be red, crimson, actually." I don't get to answer before Aurora steps into the conversation with a smile. 

"Sure darling," Clairy smiles and nods her head before walking away, "See you guys later!" she shouts over her shoulder as she disappears into the hall. I turn around to look at Aurora.

"Shit. I forgot about the ball, I haven't even prepared anything for it." Slowly panic creeps into my mind. 

"If you want I could stay and help you out?"

I don't think before rush up to her and wrap my arms around her waist. Her whole body stiffens in surprise before relaxing as the electric touch calms our nerves. Once I let go, my eyes are met by a red-faced Aurora who's eyes are glued to the floor. I clear my throat as I rub the back of my neck.

"I mean thank you."