34- Alone

Aurora's POV

Firstly I was trapped in Xander's room from day to day and now, now I'm stuck underground with only one window for the whole basement. Three times a day some servant comes in with my meals but otherwise, I'm completely alone. At least now I have more things to do. Here I have the opportunity to shift and run around but even that gets boring after a while. 

I haven't seen Ethan in a couple of days and I have a feeling that I won't see Xander for a long long time. For some reason, that feeling leaves a kind of emptiness in my soul. 

I shake the feeling away as a knock is heard on the door leading into my room. My head whips into the direction of the clock, hanging on the wall. It's too early for dinner so I wonder who it can be. 

I jump down from the window bay as I stare at the stairs leading down to my room. Heavy steps walk down the mahogany steps before Ethan is seen with his nose in a book. He glances up briefly as he walks over to my couch where he takes a seat. I huff at his action before Ethan whips his head in my direction, the whole thing seems surreal to me. 

Ethan's been gone for days and here he comes like nothing just happened, like we saw each other a few hours ago. 

"Oh hey, didn't see you there," Ethan chirps happily. 

"Don't 'oh hey' me, where have you been?!" I shout as I take a few steps closer to him. He smiles and holds up his book so I can see it. 

"Reading," he answers stupidly with a big grin on his lips. I sigh as I turn around and take a seat on the window bay once again. He turns his torso towards me while remaining seated. "Oh c'mon Ari, don't be like that. I know I've been gone for a few days but I really have been reading," he whines, trying to sound innocent.  

I trun my head away from him, directing my gaze towards the ocean not so far away from the caste. I can hear Ethan shuffuling on the couch and walking closer to me. Seconds later I feel his cold arms snake around my waist as his chin is placed on my shoulder. 

"Please forgive me," he mumbles into my ear, making chills run down my spine.

I shift into a fullgrown black cat and jump down from the window bay before shifting back into my human form. 

"No," I huff as I walk into the bathroom and lock the door. I lean against the door before sliding down to the floor as a long sigh leaves my lips. 

I'm not mad at him, not really. I just... I just hate being alone.