39- Okay

Once again it has been days since I last saw Ethan. Even though he isn't here, I've still been continuing with my shifting training. I want to prove to him that I can do this by myself. 

The training floor is made of something soft, making sure that falling won't hurt as much as it would on the mahogany floor that starts by my bed. In the training area, I have three walls completely covered by mirrors and lamps hanging from the ceiling while my 'living room' only has one light and the rest of the area is litten up by my window. 

I shake my head, that isn't what I should be doing. I should be training my butt off but instead, I'm describing my own room to myself for the millionth time. 

I sigh as I walk over to my couch and let my white dress disappear before I put on my blue jeans and a black hoodie. Just as I pull the hoodie over my head, the door leading into the basement opens. 

"Hey, Ethan" I shout into the air. He walks down the last steps and emerges into the light of the bright sun outside. 

"How'd you know it was me?" 

"You don't knock," I answer as I look up to meet his ocean blue eyes. A small chuckle leaves his lips as a bright smile forms on them, exposing his pearly white fangs.

"Right," he chuckles and leaves us both in silence. Not awkward silence, but comfortable quietness that eases one's mind. 

"So where have you been?" I ask with a soft voice. 

"Meetings," he answers simply without any further explanation. 

"Sounds boring," I laugh making Ethan burst into laughter with me. In our fit of laughter, we fall down onto the couch. 

"It is, it really really is," he laughs for a while before calming down as I do too. Once again we fall into silence. After a long time, I hear Ethan taking in a long breath. "Let's get out of here." 

"Ethan...," I don't get to finish before Ethan opens his mouth again. 

"Oh c'mon, we could go see Clairy!" he says in excitement. 

"I don't think that's a good idea...," I trail off. 

"Or we could go see Xander," he smiles and stands up.

"Xander?" I ask as I feel a sharp longing feeling in my heart. 

"Yes, I know he would love to see you," he says with the biggest smile I've ever seen on his lips as he takes my hand and pulls me up from the couch.

"He would?"

"Of course darling," he smiles and cups my face with his palm, "Let's go, okay?"

"Okay," I say without a second thought as I let Ethan drag me out of the basement.