31- From a different kind of POV

Ethan's POV

Aurora's birthday is only days away. Xander has gone out of town on a 'royal mission' as he calls it. Now I'm left in the caste with the task to decorate and make the dungeon into a bed- and training room. The audacity of that brother of mine, leaving me here to do something I suck at. If he would've asked Clairy then the outcome would've looked a whole lot different but he didn't ask Clairy, no he asked me instead. A fool I call him. 

I sigh as my eyes travel over the dungeon. I got the training part right at least. One out of two, not bad if you ask me. 

I turn around and walk out, heading straight to Xander's room. With vamp speed, the stairs don't seem that long but without it must be a pain in the ass. Maybe installing an elevator for the humans wouldn't be such a bad idea. 

This whole 'not wanting Aurora as a mate' thing is stupid. He doesn't see or maybe doesn't want to see that Aurora is perfect for him. For being so old he sure isn't wise. Oh well, this isn't my decision to make. 

I press my thumb to the little device beside Xander's door, opening the lock. I walk into the room before shutting the door behind me as my eyes gaze over the empty room. Aurora is out with Clairy right now and I have time to take all of Aurora's stuff down to the basement undisturbed. On the bed lays a box full of girl clothing.  

Once again I'm in the middle of something that doesn't concern me. This is like the fifth time since I became a vampire. And every time I get to do the hard work. I just really don't understand why he needs her in the dungeon and I don't understand his plan to hurt her emotionally. It's really just as simple as rejecting her and she would be scarred for life. 

My theory is that he actually does want her, he just needs some time to understand that. 

That's the only reason I'm helping him is that I will make him realize his true needs. He doesn't realize it right now but I'll make him realize, whatever it takes I will do it for the sake of them both. I know that the second Xander sees her after her 18th birthday, he'll forget all he's ever said to her. And she... she'll forgive him for it all.

If anyone is making a mistake, it's her. Not Xander and not I, it's Aurora. But there's a reason for her forgiveness, I know there is. Everything has its reasons.