54- It's time to...

Xander's POV

I drown another glass of blood as I slump on the kitchen island. The chefs glance my way from time to time with worried looks but I ignore them. I don't have the energy to bark orders or even to tell someone to mind their own business... or maybe I just don't want to. There's no point anyway. 

The door opens and I listen to steps coming closer to me before the chair beside me scrapes against the floor and the person sits down next to me. I don't bother looking up, not even when a firm cold hand lands on my shoulder. 

"Xander... It's been two months, don't you think it's time to..." Ethan's familiar voice speaks as he squeezes my shoulder, "let go."

"SHE DIED IN MY FUCKING ARMS! How can let that go?!" I roar, slamming my fist onto the table while standing up. My red, puffy eyes meet his blue ones as he is taken aback. "You don't know how it feels," I whisper sinking back into my chair. 

"I loved her too, you know. She was like a little sister to me, family..." his voice cracks, "This is as painful to me as it is to you," he tries to calm me but instead, fires up my anger.

"Family? She was my bloody other half!" I growl in between clenched teeth as my fist clench until my knuckles grow white. I snap my head into his direction, trying to spot any kind of emotion that indicates that he knows how I'm feeling. No result. Because he doesn't know shit.

"You're right, I don't know how that feels but I do know how it feels to lose someone you love. That hurts too."

We sit in silence as the chefs shuffle around, cleaning whatever they can to fill the emptiness. The tension builds between us before Ethan sighs.

"So he's dead too?"

"Burned to crisps," I sigh back as I look over at him. Ethan holds a frown on his face as he tries to figure out what I've been trying to figure out for two months. I see him open his mouth to ask me what I can't answer. "I don't know who." 

"You didn't have any witches with you..." he states as he looks up at the ceiling, trying to see the possibilities of what could've happened. "Then what burned him?"

"Who fucking cares? He deserved it," I laugh for the first time in months.

"What if who ever did this, does it to you?"

"They wont, they weren't here for me or anyone else," I sigh.

"How do you know that?"

"Only an angel can kill a demon and something tells me that Aurora sent someone to finish this war forever," I smile as I look over at Ethan. He says nothing, he simply nods before leaving me alone again.

If he thinks I'm crazy then let him. I know that Aurora was somehow involved in all this.