15- Everyone's lives lay in my hands

Xander's POV

I walk into the meeting room, an oval-shaped table stands in the middle of the poorly lit room. No windows so that no one can see us, no phones so no one can hear us and no slaves who can spread our secrets. A meeting full of high ranked vampires with me, my brother Lucius and the five lords and a lady. One lord/lady for each city.

I take a seat by the table with all eyes on me. Once I'm seated all mouths open, everyone except Lucius asking the same question.

"Your highness, what are we supposed to do?" I know exactly what they mean by that.

"We need more soldiers." I state, "Change the laws, more than two have to be turned a year. It's our only option."

"Why don't we just make vampire training shorter for the newbies, 50 years instead of 100?" someone asks but I shake my head. The newly turned vampires(newbies) need the 100- year training, anything less and we'll endanger the humans. 100 years is the ideal time for training, that's how long it takes for the vampire senses to compleately take over and erase memories about their previous life from their minds.

"No, that'll only lead to more damage. We need the humans unharmed and oblivious to the situation we're in." I explain.

"How about forcing the fallen angels into the military?" another one asks.

"And break our alliance? I don't think so." Lucius butts in.

"He's right, we can't risk jeopardizing the alliance." I say as I look through my papers, notes of this problem that I have written down a couple of months ago. "We need more men at the battlefront and forcing people into becoming soldiers isn't going to help us at all, it'll probably just lead to a rebellion and a greater need for soldiers." 

Why the hell am I explaining the obvious? These vampires are supposed to understand the situation and know every outcome of each and every decision we make.

"But turning more than two humans a year means we would need to expand the castle." One of the females in the room state. I nod at her words, that is correct. 

"We have witches, let them build more floors with their magic. We have six floors with a thousand rooms on each floor, double the floors and we'll have 6 thousand rooms extra." I explain, "that would be more than enough for a while." I sigh, feeling the need of rest. 

Everyone's lives lay in my hands, I do one wrong move and everyone dies. That's why I spend months planning out every move I'm going to take, thinking out every possible outcome. Something these morons don't.

These meetings always leave me frustrated and annoyed, at times like these I always wish for blood from an alive host. My mouth waters at that thought, how nice it would be to drink from Aurora.

"At least we don't have to worry about humans not wanting to become one of us." Lucius laughs, making everyone else in the room laugh with him, everyone exept me. 

"Are we done here?" I ask, my patience running thin. They all nod before I stand up from my seat and leave the room. 

Right now, all I want is thick, warm blood. Good thing I have a shifter waitning in my room.