8- The beginning of a nightmare

Aurora's POV

I stare at the dress Xander gave me just a couple of hours ago. It's a beautiful dress that matches my eye color perfectly. The fabric hugs my upper body while it hangs loosely from my hips down to my knees. I have a matching pair of high heels. My rose blonde hair hangs loosely around my face and past my shoulders, my natural curls doing a great job of making it seem as if I curled my hair.

I tilt my head to the side as I admire myself in the bathroom's full-body mirror

I tilt my head to the side as I admire myself in the bathroom's full-body mirror. I've never looked this good in my life but compared to the vampires and fallen angels I look like any human, not beautiful enough. A sigh escapes my lips.

And there goes my confidence.

I hold myself steady as I walk out of the bathroom and into the bedroom. Xander is still in his closet, trying to find a nice tie. Anxiety builds up in my stomach as I start fidgeting with the end of my dress. This ball is going to be filled with vampires and fallen angels, hungry vampires. Vampires aren't known to hold their urges if they're hungry, they'll find someone to drink from, even if the host isn't their pet.

A warm hand lands on my shoulder, snapping me out of my thoughts. I look up as I'm met by sparkling silver eyes, staring at me. He narrows his eyes, focusing on my outfit.

"There' something missing." Xander states as he walks over to his desk, shuffling through the papers and drawers of the desk. He turns around holding my collar before he puts it around my neck.

The collar, of coarse. What else could be missing? He doesn't care how I look, as long as everyone sees that I'm his property he's content.

I don't fully understand why, but knowing that he only sees me as property hurts, makes my heart ache. Anger fills me as I ball my hands into fists, how pathetic. I shouldn't care what parasites think of me and I won't.

"Come on sunshine, let's go." he says as sarcasm drips from his words. I roll my eyes as I follow him out of the room and down five floors, to the first floor. We walk onto an alter with stairs leading down to the ballroom. Xander walks closer to the railing of the alter, getting a good view of his guests before speaking up.

"Welcome to my 1245th birthday! I wish you all a happy night!" he calls out to the people just a couple of steps below. They all cheer as we walk down the stairs, down to the actual party. The room has this cozy atmosphere, with red curtains hanging on both sides of every window as candle chandeliers hang from the ceiling. A bright full moon shines through the windows giving the mahogany floor a nice glow. Guards are placed by every window as they eye the crowd.

I really hate parties. And I really hate vampires like Lucius and frantically this ball is full of vampires like Lucius.

"Don't wander away... EVER." Xander whispers as we arrive at the end of the stairs. The second his feet land on the mahogany wooden dance floor, Xander is surrounded by vampires while I'm pushed to the side, not being able to spot Xander anymore. I try shouting his name but I'm instantly ignored by every vampire around him.

I sigh, I'll just stand here and wait for everyone to leave him alone. I take the opportunity to look around the room, playing my game of 'Who do you recognize from Pet school's lessons?'. There are many famous vampires here today, I even spot some pet buyers. They all smile, not having a care in the world. I look to the side just to find the entire group gone, my eyes widen as I realize how I just lost an entire group of vampires lets alone my master. My feet move as I try to find Xander in this huge room of people.

Many vampires stare at me, some confused and others with anger burning in their eyes. Those who are furious are from breakfast the other day, they saw me rebelling against my master's command AND talk back at Lucius.

Vampire's don't like pets talking back, or so I've heard.

In my wandering, an ice-cold hand grabs my shoulder, making a shiver go down my spine. I turn around, hoping it's someone I know but I'm mistaken. The vampire before me is a man with flaming red eyes staring at me hungrily, his fangs sticking out from his mouth almost piercing through the skin on his lips.

"Well hello there, what are you doing wandering all alone?" he asks with a creepy smirk on his lips, a new shiver runs down my spine but this time it's not because of a sudden temperature drop.

//Don't forget to vote//