37- Why do you care now?

Aurora's POV

"C'mon let's get out of this room," Ethan smiles while holding out his hand for me to grab. Carefully I brush the hand away as a sigh leaves my lips.

"We both know I'm not allowed anywhere outside of the basement."

"Who told you that?" he asks with a bit of irritation in his voice.

"No one, I just kinda figured," I answer quietly as my eyes fall down to the book in my lap. I fall onto my back, letting the couch provide my back with warmth. From the window behind the couch shines warm sunlight that lights up the whole room.

"It's not fair that this is your life!"

"Why do you even care!" I shout as I get up from the couch so that I can meet Ethan's eyes. I throw my book onto the couch.

"What do you mean?" Ethan's voice goes soft and quiet as his eyes look down on me. He might not be as tall Xander but he stills stands at least a foot taller than me.

"I've been trapped day after day in Xander's dark room and nobody cared! But, but now that I'm down here, all of a sudden it's the biggest deal ever!" I shout as I throw my hands around in the air, expressing my anger.

"Of course I cared then too, now it's... it's, it's just different."

"How is now different from before? I'm still stuck in a room, unable to go anywhere! I can't even go make myself a meal, no! I have to wait for my meal!" I shout. After a moment of silence, I sigh. "I don't want to talk about this anymore."

"Wait up, if you're so sick of being stuck here... why not, why not break the rules and get out of here?"

I stare at his expression, completely dumbfounded before breaking out in laughter. My laughter dies out and my expression falls into a serious one.

"I said I don't want to talk about this, okay?"

"Fine," he sighs as he walks away from me and out of the basement with heavy steps.

Ethan was acting really strange today. I've been here for weeks and now, only now does he want to get me out of here.

Afterward, I wish I wouldn't have said anything. I wish I would've gone with him, out of here. Maybe then I could give Xander a visit. I don't know why, but I miss him deeply.

What's wrong with me? How can I miss someone who attacked my neck and stole some of my life for his own benefit?