1

they were clinging together in fierce desire.

Welcome to THE IMMORTAL DESIRE.

All rights reserved. 

Harper 

I screamed with pain, falling to the ground as my wings crush my bones. I breathed heavily, blood soaking my hands. I let out a whimper, my limp body falling on the pavement. My body shook with pain, letting out another painful scream. 

I lay on the ground, blood soaking my back. 

The demon smirked, "Pretty little angel..." He trails, hovering over me. 

Tears fell from my eyes. A rush of pain snuck through my body as I screamed, shooting upwards. The demon pushes me back down, seething as he kicks my stomach. My eyes widen, my body reacting as I arch my back, blood covering my skin. 

"Have fun, angel." He smirks, leaving me to drown in my blood. 

-

3 years later... 

"Mom, I'm fine," I mutter, kissing her cheek gently. I meet her soft eyes, staring back at me with so much worry. I sighed, engulfing her in another hug. She grips my shoulders, her lips pursed. 

"Are you sure you're up for this?" She asks, staring up at the high school behind me. I nod, forcing a smile that didn't reach my eyes. 

"I'll be fine. I can protect myself." I reply. She nods, before stepping into her car. With one last look, she drives off, leaving me in my thoughts. I ignored the fact that my heart was beating rapidly, gaining the courage to walk into my old school. I glanced at the students who gave me wary looks, and I held back the urge to scoff. The humans did not know of the underworld, they were completely oblivious that we existed.

"Harper!" My gaze shifts to my best friend Liz, wrapping her skinny arms around my small frame. I forced a smile, meeting her soft green eyes as she smirks. "Welcome to hell." 

"Trust me, I've been through worse," I mutter under my breath, but this causes Liz to have a small frown on her face, staring at me with pity. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean-" 

I wave it off, "It's fine. Let's just get this over with." 

The school was massive, just how I remembered it. Long hallways were filled with rusty lockers, large dusty classrooms and the cafeteria. My favourite part of this school was the grass area, which was where I use to eat. Dark, thick trees surrounded the area, protecting us from unwanted visitors. 

"Everyone thought you were dead, Harp," Liz whispers quietly, tucking her loose blonde strands behind her ear. I shift my gaze to her, fixing my posture as I leaned against the tree. She fiddled with the grass, avoiding my eye contact. 

"I thought I was too," I mumble softly. 

An awkward silence filled the air, making me take out my book and start reading. Suddenly, my heart started to beat rapidly, causing me to snap my attention to my surroundings. Liz met my worried expression, her eyes widening. 

I felt sick. My stomach turned as I gulped the lump forming in my throat, hurrying my belongings into my small bag, slinging the handle over my shoulder. I ignored Liz's complains, standing to my feet. 

This couldn't be happening. 

I felt his presence behind me. How did he find me? I slowly turn around, meeting his harsh gaze. He easily towered over me, his head tilting to the side as he studies my appearance. His defined jaw was clenched, his jet black hair messy as he stared at me with no emotion. 

"There you are."