10

❝He calms my chaos, and I fuel his fire.                                                                                                                  We are a match made between Heaven and Hell.❞

Harper 

I screamed, jumping out of bed as my hands scatter to my back. There was no blood. There were no wings. My room was dark, and the sudden voice jumped at me again. I screamed, scurrying to the edge of the room as my back meets the wall. I hug my knees to my chest, tears running down my cheeks. 

I let out a yelp as strong arms wrap around me, lifting me into a hard chest. I punch, kick, throw myself at the person. They weren't taking me this time. "No... please. Please don't," I sob, my body shaking uncontrollably. Soft hands stroke my hair, and I suddenly feel warmth and comfort in their arms. 

I relax, letting the person, who seemed like a male, lay me softly on the bed. My skin shivers as the emptiness soak my heart, wanting the person back. "Stay," I mumble, satisfied as the person wraps a protective arm around my waist. 

I felt safe for once. 

-

When I awoke, the person was gone. I bit my lip, knowing exactly who the person was. How was that possible? The bond took control of my body, which was clearly unfair because I never wanted to be close to Hunter again. How could I be in the same room as the man who murdered my best friend? What was he doing in my room? And why did I like it so much?

I snap out of my gaze as a harsh knock appears at my door. I make my way over, twisting the knob as I stare back at the familiar cool blue eyes. I cross my arms awkwardly, watching as a small smile tugs at the corner of his lips. 

It's soon replaced with a grim look. "Pack your things." 

"Why? I'm happy in my room," I mumble, watching as his gaze darkens. 

"Do as I say. Pack your things," He repeats. 

"Where am I going?" 

"My room."