7

Harper 

A harsh knock snaps me out of my thoughts as I groggily walk over to the door. A demon nurse glances at me, "Hunter is in trouble." Seconds later, I was running down the hallway and into Hunter's room. Numerous doctors and nurses were scattered in the room. I stare at a sweaty, deep breathing Hunter laying on the bed. 

His eyes were closed, his toned stomach exposed as a bloody slash was marked on his side. I curse under my breath, crossing my arms. "What do you want me to do?" I ask plainly, watching as one of the doctors glared at me. 

"He was on a mission and an Angel slashed him, he needs his mate." The doctor says, making me scoff. How come I didn't feel his pain? Oh, maybe because we still weren't close enough. 

"Heal him, now. He's dying." I looked down at Hunter. It felt good that he was in pain. It was quite a sight. Watching him being so weak and vulnerable, a sight I will never be able to see again. Why should I revive him if he killed Liz? Before I knew what I was doing, the bond took control over my body. I placed my hands above the cut, white sparks flowing out of my hand. 

The cut slowly mends together until it looks as if he wasn't injured in the first place. I hadn't used my magic in a lifetime, so I was unsteady on my feet. Hunter shoots upwards, his eyes bloodshot red as he glares at me. "What is she doing here?" 

I scoff, that was quite the 'thank you'. "I can't believe I saved your ass." And with that, I leave his room, my fist clenching by my side. God, couldn't he just thank me for once? Does he repulse me that much? I hated him, and he hated me. 

And that's how it's going to be. 

-

"Where is she?" 

"How dare you treat her like this! She is your mate! Your own bond!" 

"She is an Angel, someone I could never love." 

Ouch. That one hurt. Even know I would never feel the same way about Hunter, it still hurt. I stuffed my face in my pillow, groaning as I roll over, trying to block out the noise. Hunter and this woman were arguing outside of my door, thinking that I was asleep. They were having a full-on argue about me. I mean, I'm flattered.

"I want to see her, brother." Brother? Hunter had a sister? 

The door suddenly opens, revealing a dark haired girl with the same blue eyes as Hunter. You could tell they were related. She had the same sharp jaw, glowing skin and perfect body. She smiled at me, before shutting the door behind her. 

I blink at her, watching as she takes a seat at the end of my bed. "So you're the famous Angel? Harper, am I right?" I nod in response, watching as she looks around my room.

"I can't believe my brother has you locked up in here," She mutters. If I was a human, it would be almost impossible to tell if she was a Demon. But yet again, the world wasn't like that anymore. She seemed so beautiful and innocent, but yet AGAIN, she probably killed numerous of Angels. 

She gave me a warm smile, "Let's go shopping. I think you need more clothes..." She glances down at my clothes, which were the same since I've got here. I nod, eagerly wanting to get a fresh pair of clothes. 

"Great." Her eyes light up, "Let's get going then. I'm Marla by the way,"