22

Harper

I watched as the innocent blue drained from Hunter's eyes and returned to pitch black. The demon guards flew back as they opened the church doors, revealing a group of male and female demons, drenched in blood. 

I gasped, looking at the demons in shock. They smirked, licking the red and black blood off their lips. That only meant one thing, they killed Angels AND Demons. What Demon would kill their own kind? I gulped the lump in my throat, watching as Hunter takes a challenging step forward, his sharp jaw clenched. 

"What is your business here?" He growls darkly, watching as head male steps forward, his demon rising to the surface. Blood was sprayed across his built body, the deathly look hiding between his eyes. 

He smirked darkly, "What is your business here, King Hunter?" 

Hunter glares at them, his body shaking with anger. He ignores the Demon's question, clearly agitated that one of his own is standing up to him. "I am your King, stand down," He roars, and for a split second, fear flashed between the male Demon's eyes before it was replaced with anger. 

"We do not serve you anymore, we follow a New King," He pauses, "King Damien," His words hit me like a ton of bricks, making me stumble back. I cradle my head, Damien? He is making them kill his own kind? 

Hunter grits his teeth, "Damien is not your King, you know that. Why is he sending you to kill Demons and Angels?" He asks lowly, watching their every move. Our Demon guards glare at the other Demons, snarling at them. 

The male demon smirks, "We are only killing the Demons that follow you, Hunter," He snarls. His attention is turned over to me, smiling at me sweetly. "He wants that Angel's head, bring her to me." 

And with that, everything happens in slow motion. Damien's Demons lurch forward, heading straight for me. Hunter pushed me back, sending me to the hard ground. I groan, struggling to my feet. Hunter clenches his jaw, lunging forward and gripping on the middle Demon's collar. Hunter's Demons fight the other Demons, black blood spraying everywhere. I gulp, watching as Hunter grips onto the male Demon's hair, before ripping it from his body. 

I scurry back, watching as his head rolls away, the body was thrown to the fall. I watch in horror as Hunter becomes his Demon, his jet black eyes glaring at the rest of Damien's Demons. He corners them, before ripping their bodies in half. 

I cover my mouth, my lips trembling with horror. I blocked out the Demon's cries and screams, hugging my knees to my chest and blocking my ears. Tears silently ran down my cheeks, my body shaking violently. What was happening? The Demons followed Damien now? I shivered at the thought, realising how powerful Damien could become with an army full of Demons. But Hunter was twice as powerful, fully born with the crown at his feet. 

My body was sprayed with Demon blood, my hair and clothes soaking with their blood. 

That's when I heard Hunter's soothing voice, wrapping me in his arms.