2

Harper 

My heart stopped beating. I felt numb. I stood there, shocked and terrified. This couldn't be possible. Why did he come here? I gulp, avoiding his gaze as he smirks. I knew who he was. I knew that he was a ruthless killer, who turned his back on everything and went rogue. 

The Devil himself. The King of all Demons. 

Hunter Blackwood. 

He once was an angel. He once was good. Nothing mattered to him now. He became the King of all Demons, the devil. He controlled the demons, he threatened to kill each Angel on earth one by one. I never personally knew him, but when word got out that I survived one of his brutal, murders, his interest was to hunt me down and kill me himself. How did he find me? 

Everyone instinct in me told me to run. 

It was a dumb idea. He was stronger than any demon or angel combined. He was smarter, faster. The angel race was becoming extinct because of him. Was this how I was going to die. 

"So this is the famous  Harper." He smirks, crossing his arms. I gulp, shielding Liz from his view. 

"How did you find me." I seeth, watching as he calmy chuckles. Although he was the Devil, he was blessed with beauty. He was handsome, no doubt. But beneath his skin, he was a heartless monster that ripped people to pieces. 

"It took time. But that precious little friend of yours-" He points to Liz, "Helped me." My jaw drops, staring at Liz as she avoids my gaze. How could she? 

"I thought you were my friend." I spat. 

"He threatened to kill my family. I'm... I'm sorry," She whispers, gathering her stuff and running back into the school. I was lost for words. I couldn't find my voice. Was this even real? I stumble back, placing my hand on my forehead. My heart pounded aggressively against my rib cage. 

I turn my gaze to Hunter, "I'll kill myself before you beat me to it." I seeth, tears falling from my eyes. I sniffle, wiping them away. 

He tilts his head, "What made you think I would want to kill you?" 

I shrug, "You have before." 

His eyes darken, "You're coming with me." He completely ignores my comment, walking towards me. I stumble back, his rough hand gripping around my wrist, pushing me into his hard chest. He forces me to look at him, keeping me in place as I squirm in his grip. 

"Over my dead body." I seeth, attempting to kick him. He catches my foot, sending me flying backwards as my body hits the ground aggressively. I groan, my body screaming with pain. How strong was this guy? 

He walks over to me, hovering over my limp body. He bends down, pointing at my heart. 

"We are bonded. Whether you like it or not."