31

Harper

"This is gorgeous," I gasp, staring at the picnic blanket laid on the sand. A basket was placed on the blanket, followed by two bottles of wine on the side. The soft sound of the waves tumbling over each other calmed my nerves as I gently slid my heels off. I was nervous about our date, which I originally thought was going to be at an expensive, fancy restaurant. Turns out, we were having a simple picnic date on the beach, which I was thankful for. I turned around, smiling softly at Hunter who was staring at me intently. 

He never took his sharp blue eyes off me, causing me to blush deeply. 

"You are so beautiful, Harper," He softly says, a small smirk reaching his plump lips. I gazed at him in his black suit that perfectly defined his broad shoulders and muscles. His dark hair was messy, his body radiating of cologne and his expensive perfume. He looked dashing, making any girl's knees buckle. 

"Thank you," I say softly, before staring around at the private beach. "Don't you think they'll find us?" I ask worriedly. Demons were hunting me daily, wanting my head served on a platter. I was wondering where my parents where. If they were safe. 

Hunter chuckles, "I own this beach, they won't find you, dear," He says, before taking my hand in his and guiding me to the picnic. It was true. Hunter was a millionaire, almost a billionaire, he owned everything he wanted. I glance down at our hands entwined together. It was an unusual feeling, I wasn't used to it. 

I sit on the soft blanket, Hunter laying next to me as he hands me the basket. I smile, opening the basket and gasping softly. A cheese platter with many different kinds of cheese, strawberries and grapes, pretzels and crackers all laid in the basket, making me smile. These were all my favourite foods, which was strange because I never told Hunter any of these foods. 

"How did you know?" I ask, looking up at him to find him smiling at me. 

He shrugs, before pouring fine wine in two separate glasses. "A little bird told me," He smirks, handing me a glass. I thank him, sipping the wine. We spent an hour talking, eating and gazing at the beautiful sky that was turning pink and purple. This was the perfect date. It was just us on the quiet beach, no people and no noise. It was so much better than a fancy restaurant. 

I sip my wine, fiddling with the hem of the blanket. I looked at Hunter, who was popping a grape between his lips. A small frown appeared on my face, how could I be with him? How could a broken Angel be with a Demon? How could someone like Hunter want to be with me? I mentally scoff, it wasn't his choice... he was stuck with me. He didn't have any other option than to accept me as his bond. 

Hunter noticed my sudden change of mood, reaching to rest on his elbows. By now, he took off his black suit jacket and rolled his white sleeves to his elbows. Hunter was memorizing. He was beautiful, he was so handsome, that he didn't belong to me. How could God put us together? It didn't make sense. Was Hunter just using me? Was he secretly cheating on me with some model? I felt angry at the thought of him with another woman. 

I glared down at him, "What do you want from me?" 

Hunter's sharp jaw clenches, his brows furrowing. "What do you mean, darling?" 

I scoff, "Stop acting like this is ever going to work out!" I yell, standing up. I rush my fingers through my hair, turning on my heel. My feet crush the sand before I hand curls around my wrist. I yank my hand away, glaring up at him. 

"Stop doing this to yourself, Harper," He says gently, making me stumble away from him. 

"Doing what?" 

"Stop doubting us," He whispers. 

I blink back the tears, "How can I not? You don't belong with me! You are a Demon and I am an Angel!" I yell, watching as his eyes darken. 

"I am a Demon, I don't deserve an Angel. I don't deserve you, Harper." He says tiredly, making my eyes widen. Did he really feel that way? All this time I was thinking I didn't deserve him. Although he was a killer and my enemy, he was handsome, smart and had a really good personality once you knew him better. 

But I was an Angel. I was pure. I was a gift from God. Hunter didn't deserve me, we didn't deserve each other. I stay silent, thinking about how Hunter used to kill Angels and torment them. I was pure, he was the devil. 

"But we are bonded together," Hunter smiles softly, looking down at me. I sniffle, wiping my tears as I force a smile. 

"Then we shall stay together," 

THE IMMORTAL DESIREOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara