9

Harper

The table flipped, sending chaos through the cafeteria. People were staring in shock as they hurriedly left the cafeteria. I fall to the floor as Marla kicks the brown-haired demon in the face, sending him flying. The blonde rushes for me, gripping the sides of my shoulders. 

I scream, punching him in the jaw as he smirks. I throw punches at his face until he pins my wrists to the ground. I grunt, attempting to push him off me when Marla grabs his shoulders, throwing him to the side of the cafeteria. "Do you have any idea who you're messing with? This is the King's mate!" Marla's voice booms. 

The Demon's snarl at Marla, before hurrying away. I sigh with relief, getting to my feet. Marla hurries over to me, "Couldn't let my Queen down, could I?" I freeze, my eyes widening with shock. I was the Queen of demons, but I was an Angel. 

Marla notices my sudden change, "Hey, why the sour look?" 

I shake my head, smoothing my dress. "Nothing. Can we leave now?" I ask, and she nods, smiling warmly at me. She grabs the bags from the floor, leaving the cafeteria a mess. 

"Shit." 

I look at her, my brows raising as she looks at her phone. "What?" 

"It's already four, we were supposed to be home two hours ago." 

"You're late." 

Marla sighs, placing the bags on the table. "Yeah, well we had a bit of a situation,". I avoid Hunter's eyes as I slump on the couch, taking my flats off.  I was so tired, my feet ached and overall, I just wanted to sleep. 

"What kind of situation?" He asks, staring at me with interest and concern. 

I sigh, rubbing my forehead, "Nothing-" 

"Is that blood?" Within seconds, he bends down, taking my arm in his soft hands. I snatch my arm away from his, looking at the dried blood that was on my elbow. It wasn't my blood, my angelic powers would have healed it by now. 

"It's not my blood," I mumble. 

"Good."