26

Harper

Everything hurt. My hair was pin straight, defining my sharp jaw. The professional makeup artist made the perfect look for my face, using a good amount of eye shadow that brought out my eyes. Everything fit perfectly, the dress, the shoes and the diamond necklace around my neck. Once I looked in the mirror, I looked like a different person. 

"Oh my god," I gasp, covering my painted lips. Marla smirks, standing back to look at her artwork. I finally looked pretty. Marla wasn't coming, only higher Demons were invited as well as their mates. And here I was, the only Angel that was bonded with the Demon King. Even though Marla was the sister of the Demon King, she wasn't invited. 

A servant quickly appears at the door, his eyes lingering to me for a couple of seconds before turning to Marla. "Hunter is ready, the Limousine is waiting," He says kindly, before meeting my eyes again. He disappears, and Marla turns to me with a sly smirk. 

"You ready?" She asks, making me freeze. I shake my head, no I wasn't. I wasn't ready to go to this stupid ball and be his stupid bond. I couldn't. I was betraying the Angels, I was betraying everything I knew. 

"I can't do this," I say, my heart pace quickening. 

She steps forward, gripping onto my hands and looking directly into my eyes. "Yes, you can. You look gorgeous, okay? Now, go get him," She winks, easing my nerves. 

I furrow my brows, "Are you just saying that?" 

She stifles a laugh, "No, Hurry, he's waiting," And with that, she hurries me out of my bedroom door. A few maids carry the trail of my dress as we walk down the marble stairs, making my fingers shake from the nerves. 

That's when I see him, waiting at the end of the stairs.

His hair was ruffled but looked surprisingly hot. He wore a jet black suit, a white shirt underneath and a black tie. His eyes were striking blue, his plump lips pursed as he checks his Rolex watch. I could smell the cologne mixed with the amazing perfume radiating off him, immediately making my legs weak. Hunter looked like a Greek god. 

His eyes light up when he sees me, his lips parting as he stares at me in awe. I couldn't help but blush, which was a strange feeling. He smirked once I reached the last step, holding out his arm. I smile, linking my arm with his. He smelt like heaven on a platter. 

He slowly leaned down to my ear, causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach. "You look beautiful," he quietly says. I smile at the maids who opened the two large front doors, guiding us to the limousine. 

"Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself," I smirk, watching as he watches me with amusement. I immediately missed his touch from my skin as he opened the car door, gesturing for me to enter. 

I smile at him, his eyes lingering on mine for a long period of time. He closes the door behind me, entering the limousine next to me. 

Here goes nothing.