11

Harper 

Hunter's room was huge. Much bigger than my last room. I stared at the King sized bed, the large windows leading to a balcony and an ensuite. It was an improvement from my other room. I fumbled with the sheets, unable to sleep. My body was pinned to the edge of the bed, as far away from Hunter's shirtless body. 

I hear him gruff, "Will you just sleep already?" 

Nightmares traced my mind as I almost whisper, "I can't." 

Hunter grumbled, "I'll throw you off the balcony if you don't sleep," He says, stuffing his face in the pillow. I roll my eyes, flopping back down on the mattress as I shut my eyes. Minutes pass, and I'm still wide awake.

"Alright. I'll go ask the guards if they wouldn't mind sharing a bed with me-"

I'm cut off as Hunter swiftly lifts me off the bed and pins me against the wall, making me squirm under his touch. His blue eyes were now pitch black, a low growl emerging from his throat as he chuckles darkly. His hot skin burned against mine, struggling against his force. "You need to remember something," He says, his lips brushing my ear. 

His skin was burning against mine, causing me to let out a scream. "Stop it," I grit my teeth, my skin crying out with pain. He knew what he was doing. I thought it was a myth. The King of all Demons, his skin, burned Angels if he wanted it. Turns out it was right, and he was burning my skin with his. He was showing me that I was his by hurting me.

"You are my property. I own you," He growls, pain erupting through my body. I scream, tears threatening to fall as I raise my hands, pushing him with all my force and my angelic powers. I'm taken by surprise as he flys across the room, his back hitting the wall and making a dent. I collapse to the floor, my energy drained from my body. 

Hunter appears to his feet, his chest rising as he breathes heavily. His rapid heartbeat pounds through the room, his eyes complete black. He was beyond livid. His demon was rising to the surface. Sweat dripped down my forehead, my eyes feeling heavy. 

The last thing I saw was Hunter lunging for me, 

ready to kill.