5

And that is Hunter Blackwood!

Harper

We hated each other. 

Hunter kept me in a separate room that was the farthest away from his. I knew Hunter wanted me dead, just how he always wanted. I was the loose string, that managed to survive the killing of the Demons. 

Hunter was busy killing Angels whilst I was locked away from reality. How can he treat me like this? His own mate. His own bond. I knew it was killing him inside, being away from me. I liked it like that. Although the emptiness in my heart grew, I wanted nothing to do with him. 

I stared at the window, fighting the urge to escape. I was losing my mind here. Before I knew what I was doing, I jump through the window, landing on my back. I wince, rolling over as I rub my tail bone. 

I jump to my feet, my toes between the grass as I start running. I didn't know where I was going, all I knew was that I needed to get as far away from here as possible. Demon guards eyed me suspiciously, before chasing after me. 

I gulp, forcing myself to not look back. 

"Going somewhere, Angel?" A voice says, causing me to stop dead in my tracks. His voice was soaked with so much disgust and hate it almost hurt my feelings; almost. I forced a smile, turning around as I stare blankly at Hunter. 

He was dressed in black business pants and a long sleeve shirt that was rolled to his elbows. He flashed me a pearly white smile before his blue eyes become pitch black. I was this close to freedom. But here was the King of Demons, ready to tear me to shreds. 

"I took a walk," I mutter, watching as he tells the Demon guards to leave. 

"You've been a bad girl, Harper. Time to pay," He chuckles darkly, before gripping my waist and placing me over his shoulders. 

Was that necessary?