24

Harper 

After I said my prayers for the fallen Angels, we were on our flight to the meeting in New York. Hunter made a lot of phone calls, but we couldn't trust anyone. We were meeting with a few Demon leaders, who were extremely powerful. But not as powerful as the Demon King. After a few calls, Hunter found out that already five thousand Demons are serving Damien, making Hunter throw his phone across the plane. 

But, all the Demons still followed Hunter, revealing that he was the true King. I swallowed the lump in my throat, realising that I was the cause of this. If I wasn't Hunter's bond, then this would have never happened. The other demons hated Hunter for not killing me and choosing his own kind. I sighed, why did God have to pair us together? 

We arrived in New York with the extra protection of Hunter's Demons, making me feel a bit safer. We walked into the building, my small frame clutched to Hunter's waist protectively. He wasn't going to let me out of his sight, so I was stuck to him like glue. 

The building was tall and was filled with windows. A receptionist greeted us and stared at Hunter a bit too long for my liking. I snapped out of my gaze, why was I suddenly jealous when Hunter gave her a dashing smile? The receptionist sent a glare towards me, making me shift uncomfortably. 

With the Demon guards in front and behind us, we were escorted to the top floor. As I stepped out of the elevator, Hunter pulled me aside, making me squirm in his grip. He grips my shoulders, bending down slightly. "Don't say anything, and don't look at any other men," He says sharply, causing me to nod shortly. I look at him in confusion, what

He gripped onto my arm, leading me towards two double doors. He gently pushed them open, as if the doors weighed nothing. A long desk filled the room, chairs filled with middle-aged men and woman that wore suits and dresses. They all gleamed at me, smirking to themselves whilst the woman glared at me, making Hunter grip my hand tighter.

"Ladies, Gentlemen," Hunter says briefly, sitting at the end of the table. I was forced to stand next to him, listening to their conversations and arguments. It was draining, to say the least. I was tired from the flights, for not getting any rest. I knew the leaders in this room wasn't fond of me, and they were all scared of what was going to come. 

A war. 

Demons VS Demons. 

I never thought that day would come, especially since I was in the middle of it. I wonder if my parents knew. 

"We can hand her over now, isn't that what he wants?" A man speaks up, staring straight through me. My brows raise, glaring at him as he shrugs, waiting for Hunter's response. Oh shit. Hunter grits his teeth, the anger radiating off his skin as he clutches the edges of the table. 

"No one is touching my mate-"

"But it could save us all-"

Hunter growls, lunging for the man. He grips his collar, before lifting him up and throwing him out of the glass window. I gasp, hearing his screams until it abruptly stops, knowing that he was dead. This building was over 270 meters tall, meaning that Demon did not survive that fall. Hunter rakes a hand through his hair, fixing his suit jacket as they all stare at him with shock. 

"Any further questions?"