13

Harper

Two weeks went by, and there was no sign of Hunter. It was as if he disappeared. Marla kept me company, helped me out of the Hospital and managed to move me back into my old room. Marla told me if I didn't pass out, Hunter would have killed me. It sent chills down my spine, making me never want to see Hunter again. 

Turns out I was in a coma for two weeks, and Hunter stayed by my side. I tried to believe that Marla forced him to, but what if he actually cared for me? I shook off that thought. My Angelic powers healed my skin pretty fast, but I'm happy to say, I've recovered from my coma. In my recovery, Hunter was supposed to help me heal as my mate, but I didn't want him too. If you were bonded with someone, you were supposed to be their side, and help them recover. But I didn't want him anywhere near me. 

Until the pain was getting to me, and I wished for Hunter's presence, so he could help me through the pain. Help me regain my powers, but there was no sign of him. I laid there, alone in my bed until the pain ate me alive. Surely he could feel my pain? 

"Do you know where he is?" I ask, watching as Marla pops a grape into her mouth. Her dark hair falls off her shoulders, her hands gripping the side of the island bench. I take a few grapes in my hand, popping them into my lips. 

"He's in his office," She whispers. 

I almost choke on my grape, "He's been here the whole time?" I yell, confusion dripping in my voice. How was that possible? I scoff, it was his darn house. Of course, he was hiding somewhere that I didn't know of. I get out of my seat, anger bubbling inside of me. 

"Calm down, Harper," Marla worriedly glances at me. 

"So you're telling me, that he was here the whole time, hiding from me, whilst I suffered?" I spat, glaring at Marla. She knew about this the whole time. I know I told him to leave my hospital room, but that one night I needed him, he wasn't there, he was hiding. That little snake. 

I ignore Marla's protests as I storm up the marble staircase, searching all the floors. I make it to the highest floor until I can practically feel Hunter's presence behind that door. Without warning, I kick down the door, anger radiating off my body. 

I gasped, locking eyes with the naked blonde in the bed.