17

Harper 

I stuffed my head in my hands, I can't believe I talked to Hunted last night after what he did! I was supposed to give him the silent treatment, but that didn't work out well. I passed out in the car, and I woke up this morning in my bed. The thought of Hunter bringing me into my room and have him so close to me made my blood boil. 

I curse under my breath, walking to my dresser. Marla told me that we had special guests visiting in half an hour. I glanced at my phone, realising that I only had a few minutes to get dressed. I quickly slip on a pair of jeans, a plain white top and tied up my black vans. 

I hear a knock at my door, and I quickly open it, facing Marla. "Follow me," She smiles softly. I still hadn't forgiven her for what she did, so I briefly nodded, following her out of my room and locking the door behind me. 

We silently walk down the hallway and down the marble stairs. A few demon maids scutter behind us, probably cleaning up after Hunter. It was only Hunter and me living in the mansion, along with Mala regularly visiting. Who wanted to visit me? Was Hunter going to be there? 

We make it to the main common room, which had a large TV and a few couches here and there. My heart stops once Marla moves out of the way, revealing a middle-aged couple. I knew those familiar faces. I missed those familiar faces, my eyes watering. 

"Mum, Dad." I manage to say, engulfing them in my arms. I pull away, staring at my mother's eyes that were brimmed with tears, and my father's face that held so many emotions. I sighed with relief, thank god they were safe. I missed them so much, it made my heart throb. I wanted to be back home, I wanted Liz to still be alive even though Hunter killed her. 

My mother grips my shoulders slightly, "I've missed you so much," She mumbles, wiping her tears with a tissue. I glance at my parents, wiping a few tears that managed to fall. 

"I missed you guys so much," I whisper, "I just want this nightmare to end,". My parents look at each other with a sad expression. 

"I want to go home, I never want to see him again," I sob, falling into their arms. My father wipes the tears with his thumb, kissing my forehead. 

"I'm so sorry, munchkin. We want you home, too. We miss you so much," He says, his blue eyes glassy. 

"Then take me home! I don't want to be here anymore," I say in defeat, sniffling. I watch as my mother frowns, dabbing her eyes with the damp tissue. 

"You know we can't. He is your mate, your bond. We can't interfere with God's decisions," She says softly, making my heart ache. 

"He is not my bond! He can't be! I won't accept it," I say, my voice raising. "You have no idea how he has been treating me! I was in a coma! I almost died because of him!" I yelled, watching as they nod, fulling understanding. But they don't understand, they don't. 

"I know, sweetie. I know. I wish we could do something, but we can't. He is your mate, and you will be his wife." My father says, making my browns twist with confusion. I stumble back, placing a hand on my forehead. 

"Did he put you up to this?" I whisper, my voice quiet. "You can't be serious, you can't leave me!" 

My mother wraps her arms around me, leaning close to my ear. "He will kill us if we take you," She says softly, her tears mixed with mine. I stare at my father, then at my mother. 

"He threatened you?" I ask in disbelief. My mind was clouded with thoughts, my heart aching. This couldn't be real, this was a nightmare. I wanted my parents safe, but he threatened to kill them? How dare he. How could he? He had power, that's why. And I hated him for it. 

"Times up," Marla says sharply, shooting us a look. 

I take a sharp breath of air, my father embracing me in her arms. My heart started to quicken, my palms became sweaty. No, they couldn't leave me here. "Be happy, please," My father pleads. How could I be happy? How could I be ever happy with a monster like him? 

My father lets go of me, my mother wrapping her arms around me. "Don't do anything stupid, Harp. Stay safe, we love you," She says in my ear, pulling away from me. I choke out a sob, holding onto their hands. 

"Don't leave me, I won't let you," I sob, not letting go of their hands. I watch as tears stream down their faces, smiling softly at me. Strong arms wrap around my waist, instantly pulling me away from my parents. I scream and thrash in their arms, my body shaking violently as tears cloud my vision. 

And with that, my parents were gone, leaving me alone in this nightmare.