15

Harper

I pinch the brim of my nose, the liquid grazing my tongue. My throat burned, my eyes watering as I shook my head, my body suddenly felt lighter. I wasn't completely drunk yet. I rest my head on the table that was damp with alcohol, my head throbbing. 

"Bad day?" A drunk voice slurs, making me shoot my head up.

"You could say that, I guess I'm trying to drink my worries away," I mumble, clutching my hand around a random beer. I chug it down, wiping the liquid that stung my lips. The man was in his late forties, a toothpick placed on the side of his lips, smirking at me. 

"You're an Angel," He growls, and I scoff, placing my hands on the table. A couple of passed out men had their heads resting on the table, whilst I glared at the man in front of me. I knew he was a Demon, and I knew that he wanted my head. I was too hurt to think before walking into a Demon and Human club. 

"No, I'm not, asshole. I'm one of you," I mutter, watching as his brow raises. 

"Your skin is glowing," He leans next to my ear, "Leave before I cut you're pretty head off," He says lowly, sending a shiver down my spine. I shook off the feeling, slamming my beer down on the table as I glare at him. Everyone was too drunk to look our way, but I felt the Demons eyes burning holes into the back of my head. 

"Want to threaten me again?" I say, watching as he keeps a sly look on his face. Within seconds, he grips my hair, making me squeal. I raise my leg, kicking him in the crotch as I break out into a run. I knew I couldn't take him on, but if I did, the other demons would cut my head off within a blink. 

I run out of the Club, panting as I hear their footsteps behind me. I desperately look around the dark night, eyeing the narrow streets. I struggle on my feet, turning down a quiet street. "And where do you think you're going?" A voice growls, making me turn around. I was surrounding my male demons, all looking at me with disgust and hatred. Their eyes were pitch black, ready to kill. 

"Away from here," I spat, watching as the man who attacked me before takes a step towards me. I gulp, taking a step back, the confidence draining from my body. 

"And, may I ask, why aren't you using your wings?" He asks, making my blood turn cold. I glare at him, keeping quiet as he links the dots together. 

He smiles darkly, already knowing my answer. "Then you'll be easier to kill." 

"Not before I kill you," A voice says behind me that was laced with anger. I knew that voice, too well. 

Hunter.