6

Harper 

I tear my eyes away from the scene, watching as Liz lays on the ground, covered in her own blood in the middle of the common room. Hunter was watching silently, shooting glances at me every minute. 

A demon walked over to her, pressed a knife into her skin near her wings. 

I couldn't let this happen, not again. 

"Stop!" I yell, jumping out of the chair Hunter made me sit in. I watched as Hunter smirked, ordering the Demon to stop. I heard Liz quiet muffles and her soft pleads of help. My stomach churned as I glared at Hunter. He finally got a reaction out of me. 

"You're sick," I spat, tears threatening to fall. 

He smiles, "That was your punishment, you've learnt your lesson I see?" He asks, and I grit my teeth, before slowly nodding. 

I look over at Liz, "Now let her go," I say, and He sighs. 

"I'm afraid I can't do that," He pauses, "Kill her." Within a blink of an eye, the Demon stabs a knife through the back of her neck. Her scream echoes through the room, making me drop to my knees. I scream, covering my mouth as tears roll down my red cheeks. 

I snap my gaze at Hunter who is watching me intently, "I hate you. I hate you so much." I manage to say, sobbing hysterically. My heart throbbed, my eyes scanning over her lifeless body. Why did it hurt so much? Hunter avoided my eyes as he ordered the demon to throw away her body. Angels were a gift to the world, you don't just go around killing them. 

When an Angel dies, you can briefly feel their pain. "Why?" I quietly ask, watching as Hunter snaps his gaze towards me. "Why would you kill her? I learnt my lesson. Why would you kill her when you know I'd hurt me?" 

Hunter lifts my chin, staring into my eyes. "Never try to escape again, or else it will be your head instead of hers." And with that, he leaves me alone, lost in my thoughts.