3

Harper 

This couldn't be possible. I couldn't be bonded with the Demon King. Angels were usually bonded with other angels so that they could mate together. This meant that Hunter and I were mates. As the bond grew stronger, we would be able to feel each other's emotions.

How could this be? My whole life I dreamt of meeting my mate, to be able to be mated with him and to be bonded with him. Was this even possible? How was an angel bonded with a demon? 

I gasped, tears threatening to fall. "How do you know that?" I manage to say, and he takes my hand, placing it just over his heart. The suddenly feeling of love and warmth embraces my body, my ears hearing the sound of his heart beating. I yearned for his touch. 

That only meant one thing. 

It was true. I was bonded with him. I choke out a sob, watching as he throws my hand away from him, having a disgusted look on his face. "I never wanted to feel again. I never wanted to feel love." He says, turning away from me. 

I get to my feet, wiping the tears away. 

"How could I be bonded with an Angel? I am the Demon King." He roars, turning back to face me. I jump back as he walks towards me, our faces inches apart, his eyes pitch black. "I despise Angels. And here I am, bonded with one." He spat, looking me up and down. 

There was nothing. We couldn't reject the bond. Fate would only bring us closer, and if we were apart for a long period of time, we would start to deteriorate. There was no way out. 

"This can't happen," I spat. 

He growls, "You are mine. We are bonded together. Pretty soon, I will be able to feel your pain. You can't run from this Harper." 

I stumble back, squinting my eyes. "Watch me." 

Before I could react, Hunter takes a needle from his pocket, injecting it in my arm. He was too fast for me to protest, "Needles don't work on angels." He smirks, sweeping me off my feet and into his arms. 

"Trust me," His gaze darkens, "These ones are stronger." 

And with that, my eyelids become heavy, before falling into darkness