25

That is her dress that she will be wearing to the ball!

Harper

"Marla please, I don't want to go!" I groan, looking at myself in the mirror. I looked... terrible. A white dress hugged my body, draping over my shoulders and was sliced on the side right near my thigh. The dress has reached the floor, making me instantly trip over. The dress was beautiful, it just didn't look beautiful on me. 

It was sparkly. Like a true Disney princess dress. I sighed, folding my arms over my chest as she stifles a laugh. "You are going, okay? Besides, you look gorgeous," She tucks a strand behind her ear, skimming her eyes down my body. "It's missing something." 

She fiddles with her bag, before pulling out a red, velvet box. She gently opens it, holding a diamond necklace between her fingers. She smirks to herself, watching me as I stare in awe at the fine piece of jewellery. It shined brightly, a single chain leading to numerous diamonds, finished off with a diamond hanging loosely from the end. 

Marla walks over to me, motioning me to turn around and move my hair. I grasp my hair into a ponytail before the necklace hangs around my neck. I turn to her, "I cannot accept this," I say, feeling the diamond between my fingers. 

She scoffs, "Uh- Please, it was as if it was designed for you," She pauses, glancing at me in the mirror. "You should thank Hunter, he insisted you to wear it," 

A smile tugs at my lips, thinking of Hunter. After everything that has been going on, and arriving back at the Mansion to attend the ball, I hadn't seen him. He was busy in his office, working non-stop. I blinked back the thought of the last time I caught him in his office and what he was doing. No, he wouldn't do that to me, not now anyway. 

There was more security protecting the Mansion, day and night. It made me feel safer, but Hunter insisted me to move into his bedroom again. But last time that happened, I was put in a coma. Hunter didn't like the idea of me being alone without him, but I told him that I needed a bit more space. I mean, Hunter can't be that bad of a guy, can he? 

I nod, "That was very nice of him," 

Marla smirks, her blue eyes twinkling. "He won't be able to keep his eyes off you," She smirks, crossing her arms as she admires her work. I blushed, trying to control the butterflies. No! How could I like Hunter? He took everything away from me. 

"Okay, now get some beauty sleep! We need you ready by tomorrow night," She smiles, before the maids helped me take off the dress and heels. I carefully placed the necklace on my bedside table, jumping into my bed and snuggling deep into the sheets.

I was excited, for tomorrow. 

Just because I wanted to see Hunter's face again.