8

Harper 

I glance down at the flower dress that Marla gave me, paired with white flats. I was never a dress type of girl, I always liked to wear comfy and less revealing clothes but today I didn't have any other choice. Marla smiles at my appearance, linking arms with me as we walk down the marble staircase. 

Hunter waited at the end of the stairs, before noticing our presence. His eyes lock with mine briefly, before trailing down my body. His eyes darken, before meeting my eyes again. He looks at Marla, "I want her back here before three," He says, before giving me a quick glance. 

"You look nice," He mutters, before turning on his heel and disappearing. 

Did he just compliment me? 

-

"How can you be so close to me?" I manage to say, and Marla smiles, eyeing a pair of jeans. I look around, my wrists burning from the amount of bags that I was carrying. Marla picked out most of the stuff for me, such as Jeans, shirts, a few dresses and many pairs of shoes. 

"Even though I'm a Demon, I have no hatred towards Angels," She pauses, glancing at me briefly, "My brother kills Angels for a living, so when he found out an Angel was his mate- things didn't go so well." She mumbles, and my brows furrow. 

"Why does he hate Angels so much?" I ask. 

She purses her lips, "I don't know. He hasn't told anyone." She shrugs, before steering me into Victoria's Secret. My jaw drops, trying to push against her when she successfully pulls me into the store. I huff, crossing my arms as I stare at the models on the TV. I wasn't comfortable with my body. I eye the small panties on the table, along with lacey bras. 

Marla picks up a black thong, smirking. "Hunter's favourite colour is black," She wiggles her eyebrows, and I almost vomit. Red tints my cheeks as I glare at her, taking the thong out of her hands and placing it back on the table. 

"I'm waiting outside," I manage to say, the embarrassment still lingering in my voice. I walk out of the store, ignoring Marla's protests as I cross my arms. After a few minutes, Marla comes out holding numerous bags of lingerie in her hands. 

"Alright, let's go eat." 

We made it to the cafeteria, finding a table as we start digging into our food. After a few minutes of eating, two males sit down at our table, one next to me and the other next to Marla. My heart quickens, knowing that they were Demons. 

I look over at Marla, who has a calm expression on her face. "What do you want boys?" 

One boy had brown hair, and the other and blonde, both had rugged jaws whilst smirking. The one next to me smiled, staring down at my chest. I gulp, crossing my arms, trying to cover myself up. "What's two fine young ladies doing here?" The one next to Marla says, smirking at us. 

The blonde next to me inches closer. "This is an Angel isn't it?" 

I quickly nod, flicking my gaze to Marla. "If you guys don't want to be killed, I suggest you leave," Marla replies sweetly, making both the demon boys smirk. 

"We're just getting started."