12

Marla

"How could you do this to her?" I yell, watching as Hunter growls, staring at her lifeless body. Harper remained in the hospital bed, her skin glowing as her Angel rises to the surface. The hospital was run by Demons and was usually used for Demons, not Angels. I was shocked when Hunter arrived in my room, carrying a limp Harper in his arms. He was worried, which was a rare sight. When I found out he burned her with his skin, I slapped him hard across his stupid face. 

"I was putting her in place," He pauses, pushing himself off the wall. 

I scoff, "Putting her in place? You put her in a coma!" I yell, watching as he snaps. 

"She used her powers, she wasn't meant to," He answers bluntly. 

I rub my forehead, "She was protecting herself- that's what Angels do, they use the powers that God gave them," I snap. Without another word, I turn on my heel, leaving the private hospital room. 

If he lost control, he would kill her. 

-

Harper

My eyes shoot open, the events that happened between Hunter and I smacking me hard in the face. My eyes scan across the room, knowing that I was in some sort of hospital. The walls were a grim white, with only one bed that my body laid on. The sheets were surprisingly soft, a warm white blanket covering my legs and torso. 

I must have passed out when I used my energy. I was getting weaker by the minute, which I tried to ignore. I glance at the monitors and tubes that pierced my skin, making me grit my teeth and rip them out. I sit upright, my head throbbing as my eyes travel to a sleeping figure in the chair. 

Whilst he was sleeping, he looked innocent and fragile. I couldn't help but admire his good looks. His dark hair was messy but looked perfect as always, his broad shoulders were slouched and his lips were fuller than ever. I frowned as my eyes gazed across the light-dark circles gathered under his eyes. How long has he been sleeping there? 

My stomach suddenly churns as I remember him burning my skin with his, remembering how I used my Angelic powers for him to get away from me. He was hurting me, punishing me with the unbelievable pain. I've suffered from worse, but the fact that he would hurt his own mate, his own bond, boiled my blood. 

Hunter's eyes suddenly snap open, staring back into mine. 

"Get out." 

Hunter looks confused as he yawns briefly, stretching his muscles as he stays in the seat. I try to keep the anger at bay, watching as he holds no emotions in his blue eyes. How could he? How could he do this to me? I glared at him, fighting back the tears that burned my eyes. 

"Get out," I yell, a single tear falling down my cheek. "Get out! Get out! Get out!" I roar, my body shaking as I furiously wipe my tears. He jolts upwards, quickly walking towards me and holding out his hands, his warm fingers grazing my skin. 

"Calm down-"

"Don't touch me! Get out!" I whimpered, watching as an unreadable emotion flash through his eyes. He holds a cold look, striding out of the Hospital room and slamming the door behind him. 

The door breaks, shards of glass flying everywhere as I sob continuously, rubbing my eyes. 

I loathed him.